We just spent a week at this hotel and had a wonderful time. We arrived a couple of hours before check in time, and they gave us a pager to let us know when our room would be ready. Within 30 minutes the room was ready, and the manager on duty told us he'd personally checked the room to make certain everything was ready. We stayed in room 526 in the main hotel which was actually a suite with a double balcony that had access from the bedroom and the living room. The bathroom had a separate whirlpool tub and large shower as well as a toilet room with bidet. The room also had a half bath near the entry. It was equipped with two televisions, but we never turned either of them on during the trip.
We ate at every restaurant on the property and were pleased with the food. Our room rate had breakfast included, so we ate at the buffet daily. They had the same food for breakfast each day with one or two different items. This is typical of the Marriotts where we've stayed before.
We had several spa treatments, and we were pleased with the staff and the services. One day, a spa employee came by the pool to let everyone know they were offering half off deals on massages and facials. I took advantage of the offer by having both services!
We frequented the casino regularly, and the dealers and wait staff as well as the pit bosses were friendly. I even won a jackpot on the Caribbean Stud poker game. That was a surprising bonus that made the trip even better.
I would give the hotel 5 stars except for some maintenance issues I observed. There are two banks of two elevators in the center of the hotel. The first day of our stay, one of the banks (two elevators) went out of service. They remained out of service until we checked out. The mechanical systems (air conditioning and plumbing) in the rooms could be improved. Our air conditioning cooled the room to about 75 degrees. This is due in part to the fact that it doesn't run when you are out of the room. After the room has been vacant all day, it takes a while to cool down. I also think the plumbing needs some work. There isn't a lot of pressure when you flush the toilet and it is fairly noisy. Since we were on the top floor, we didn't hear any other guests' water draining.
We would stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marriott St. Kitts Resort & Royal Beach Casino captivates you from the moment you see it, immersing you in the culture and atmosphere of this most relaxing and romantic of Caribbean Islands. Our breathtaking St. Kitts resort hotel offers an unparalleled island vacation experience. Luxury guest rooms, trimmed with West Indian accents and cutting-edge comforts, are spacious and welcoming. That same Caribbean flavor sets the tone in our 8 restaurants and 2 lounges. For entertainment and relaxation, the resort also offers the 35,000 sq ft Royal Beach Casino, the 15,000 sq ft Emerald Mist Spa and boasts an 18-hole championship golf course at the Royal St. Kitts Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Tingo, Amex, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Hotel Frigate Bay
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort And The Royal Beach Casino
- Marriott Frigate Bay
- Marriott St Kitts
- Frigate Bay Marriott
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino Frigate Bay