We enjoyed our recent stay at Marriott Resort on St. Kitts. Of course they had been in a drought and we decided to show up and it rains every day - go figure. At check-in, they offered to upgrade us to a bigger room for $75 per night. We didn’t and I was glad we didn’t because the regular room was quite large for the two of us. We had a view of the hills but it also overlooked the air conditioner units so you might consider upgrading to the pool side for a honeymoon or other special occasion if you want a better view. The hotel is very clean - there is always someone cleaning the bathrooms, the pool area, etc. Some of the bathrooms throughout the resort were showing some wear & tear (broken stall handles, rust, etc.). Our safe died twice and our shower broke but the hotel sent someone to fix always right away. The landscaping was beautiful on the property and the beach was very clean. Venture off the property and you saw your typical garbage washed up on the beach though. The walkable part of the beach is probably about 1 mile long so don't think you will be able to stroll for hours on the beach. It was pretty windy on the Atlantic side so we did the beach for the first few days before we abandoned that because of being blasted by sand and just sat by the pool the last two days. When we were on the beach, no one tried to pedal anything for us to buy so that was nice to just relax and not be annoyed. There was a beach shop onsite that we bought some swim suits at that had cute clothes. A few other shops full of perfume/alcohol, jewelry, and general supplies.
Our hotel package came with free breakfast every morning so we did the Calypso buffet for breakfast ($52 for two if not free), had pizza at the Pizza Shack by the pool each day for lunch, and stayed on property two nights for dinner and went off for property two nights for dinner. The restaurants on property are ok but we found the ones off property were a notch up for food (the concierge has a book with all the restaurant menus in it and will call and make reservations for you). There is happy hour at the pool bar and lobby bar each night so try to plan your drinks around that to save a few dollars. A lot of people also just bought beers in the gift shop onsite to save the service fees.
It was a rainy while we were there so we didn’t get to participate in many activities but I saw yoga, water aerobics, walks, tennis courts, basketball court, and other exercise activities on the daily newsletter (in restaurants and at towel stand).
We would definitely stay at this property if we come back to St. Kitts.
- Also Known As:
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort And The Royal Beach Casino
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Hotel Frigate Bay
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Hotel
- Marriott Frigate Bay
- Marriott St Kitts
- St Kitts Marriott
- Frigate Bay Marriott
- Marriott St. Kitts
- St. Kitts Marriott
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino Frigate Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marriott St. Kitts Resort & Royal Beach Casino captivates you from the moment you see it, immersing you in the culture and atmosphere of this most relaxing and romantic of Caribbean Islands. Our breathtaking St. Kitts resort hotel offers an unparalleled island vacation experience. Luxury guest rooms, trimmed with West Indian accents and cutting-edge comforts, are spacious and welcoming. That same Caribbean flavor sets the tone in our 8 restaurants and 2 lounges. For entertainment and relaxation, the resort also offers the 35,000 sq ft Royal Beach Casino, the 15,000 sq ft Emerald Mist Spa and boasts an 18-hole championship golf course at the Royal St. Kitts Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.