“Overall a good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Frigate Bay
Walla Walla, Washington
“Overall a good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I stay at Marriotts quite a bit. This was a very nice hotel. The pool and beach were wonderful. The concierge desk was very helpful. I was not a fan of the 12.5 percent service charge. I thought the service in some restaurants were not that great for what I was paying. The food was very good I just thought the service could have been better. I don't feel this was just at the Marriott. When I went to restaurants off the Marriott property they had a lower service charge but I still had the same level of service so this may be an island thing. I felt the tour desk was very unhelpful. I felt like the woman at the desk was bothered by my questions. The front desk was wonderful. We asked for an upgrade and they let my husband and I look at two rooms and pick which one we wanted. They also let us have a late check out which we much appreciated.They also gave us very good restaurant recommendations. I felt the pool bar drinks were ok and the food not the greatest but the other restaurants at the Marriott had great food. All and all I would recommend this hotel as a great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Its huge spanning corridors of rooms mean if you forget something in your room, you'll have a good walk to go get it. This aside, it's a very clean and nice Marriott but feels like it could be anywhere. Expensive in price, the hotel was full of American gambling tourists due to its large casino, and the whole thing felt detached from St. Kitts and the Caribbean. Food nice enough with great breakfasts but there are better places to stay.

• Stayed August 2012
St. Kitts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

You know what? I'm not even going to write much...just read the title.

READ...THE...TITLE..

BUY...THE...PIZZA

The lobby is also very beautiful and spacious. You definitely get a sense of the West Indies with a little touch of modern when you step in.

There's great scenery also. My friends and I are always coming here just to hang out and relax...oh, and buy pizza. You have to come. I'm going today! Like, really...

Would love to shoot a wedding here...

Matt Phoenix

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed at the St Kitts Marriott Resort in April 2012. Unfortunately, during our stay, the Kids Club was closed but our 8 and 5 year old had a great time on the beach, at the pool and out on the town for dinners. We got to go zip lining but the kids were too small. Definitely do this if you can. The Marriott will set it up and get you there and back. We had a great, large villa with kitchen, dining, living room 2 bedrooms and a laundry room! Outstanding accommodations! We made our own breakfast and ate lunch every day by the pool. Yes, the staff was Caribbean speed but very attentive to our needs. All the food was good and like all the poolside food, a little expensive. In the evening, we went to Sprat Net, Mr. X Shiggidy Shack, Carambola and the Italian Restaurant on site at the resort. We also had a very romantic dinner on the Cliffside but the name of the restaurant escapes me which is a shame because it was so good. The owner came out and greeted us and waited our table. She was fantastic as was the food. She recommended everything I had and was spot on! We also spent the day at Ship Wreck snorkeling. We had lunch here as well with plenty of beer. Very fun place just to spend an afternoon! Carambola was outstanding. The view is amazing at night as the Caribbean Sea laps up on shore. We used Eddy for all of our transportation. He is a Marriott employee and made outstanding recommendations for us all week. We felt safe and secure with Eddy. We spent one day on Nevis. It is so beautiful. We walked the beach past the Four Seasons, found many shells and had lunch at Sunshines Grill. It is just a little shack with local food and cold drinks. Very fun, laid back and tasty food! We frequented the casino often and really enjoyed it. It has everything you need with small limits and high limit areas, sports betting but only 1 craps table. While we were there, the Caribbean Stud bonus jackpot had reached over $85,000! Overall, St Kitts was one of our favorite family destinations and if we run out of places to go, we will probably visit again.

Room Tip: If you gamble at a fair clip, ask for one of the casino villas. They are very big and very nice. s...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I am currently staying at this wonderful resort. Everything has been up to our expectations and then some. I have read some of the previous comments that were not to favorable of this property and can't imagine what prompted the negativity. One poster complained that Marriott (forced) a 12.5% tax for little or no service. It's a shame these folks from Texas do not understand this is a vat tax, authorized by the government on ALL purchases by non-residents. I read another post about the terrible wait for food preparation. Please remember, you are on "Island Time" If you want speedy service go to New York...you'll get pushed out the door before you've finished your meal. In looking closer at your post, along with an earlier one, where the poster thought they were being "watched like criminals because they were students, it is painfully clear that you both live on Nevis ...AND your opinion seems to lack foundation. This is a great property. The airline mishandled my bag for two days and the staff took great interest in getting me through....including using THEIR van to take me to the airport and back to get the luggage, when it finally made it....I Love This Marriott

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Portales, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Marriott St Kitts is just what you would expect from Marriott!! Beautiful resort, lots of attention to the pool and Beach to make them very comfy, great restaurants and shops...well done. It is located on the windward side of St Kitts though so the beach water can be a little rough, however, the snorkeling is spectacular right off the beach. Huge Turtles and stingrays live in the cove and were seen everytime we snorkeled. Their is a breakwall reef about 125 yards off shore with nice sealife on it as well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I recently got married at the Marriott St. Kitts. We had done some research to find the most romantic place to get married. Both of us are well traveled, but had never been to St. Kitts. It was just the two of us (plus a local that we met there, who we named "Best Man" for our wedding. The hotel is a one-stop-shop for weddings. They arranged everything. All we did was show up, spend the night, sign some papers... and then they arranged for a beautiful on-the-beach location (see photos). They arranged for our photographer (Daryl Charles) who was amazing! It was absolutely stunning.

Of note: Island people are not generally multi-taskers. .. and tend to move slow. This trait is worthy of mention, because if you are looking for someone to run and fetch something quickly, that will not happen anywhere on the island. However, if you can get out of the "hustle-and-bustle" frame of mind and just relax, you will soon discover how this place can help you unwind and forget about stress back home.

This hotel was very clean. The room service was amazing.

The steakouse on the property was not the highlight. We visited lots of local restaurants on the island that overall seemed to have better food (for a lot less) than the on-site restaurants.

The Bohemian restaurant at the beach was typical beach fare, but decent.

I would definitely visit this property again!

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the guest houses instead of the main building. We had a view of pool. Stayed in...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino? Share your experiences!