First, our trip in Feb 2013 was blessed with the best weather ever! What a nice surprise after so many hot, humid, mosquito plagued trips. The property is looking more vibrant. Landscaping is recovering, pool maintenance is better, room upgrade is much appreciated, and housekeeping is consistent and thorough. They've changed to a "no cash" policy, which keeps charges in one place: on the room bill. Keep all receipts and settle up the night before checkout, if possible.
Disappointments: Dwindling food selections for hungry visitors. (For the most part I survived on pineapple and chocolate truffles.) The line is long at the Calypso Cafe in the morning for coffee, muffins, pastries and fruit. And when they run out of food, YOU are out of luck! They could make so much more money, avoid the panic lines, and satisfy their customers if the kitchen would stay ahead of demand.
Skip the super expensive Seafood Buffet on Tuesday nights. I stood in line over 30 minutes for my main course (and we pay for this?!), while my glass of white wine sweated itself to room temp. The sous chefs insist on turning the scallops and shrimp into chewy erasers...while I annoy them with preferences. I believe it's ~$37+US/person without wine. The salad is ro-mainly boring and the dessert selections are ho-hum.
Just a few years ago the Bohemian Grill served a delicious Caribbean Twist Wrap, but it's been replaced by less healthy American fare. Current management is so new they don't even know what we meant.
And the Calypso Caribbean Cobb salad was so much more than it is today. It had mixed greens, fresh grilled chicken, juicy mango, boiled egg, ripe tomato, crispy bacon, and some of the best blue cheese crumbles I've tasted anywhere. This salad was made with love and delivered with pride. We often split one for dinner and were completely satisfied. At $18 US, that's not bad.
And what's happened to the Chicken Roti?!! This local dish should be bursting with chicken and not-too-spicy curry (instead of potatoes), wrapped in a chickpea tortilla rather than a white flour one, served with savory chutney (now you have to request it), and have the whole portion on the plate (duh). Once we were actually delivered a roti with over 1/3 of it missing! Someone in the kitchen was hungry and most guests wouldn't know the difference. The main kitchen simply lacks consistency and quality. I recommend the management eat solely from the Bohemian and Calypso for several weeks to gauge for themselves. Fresh, delicious food is obviously very important to this traveler. ;D
BTW, the air conditioner in our unit had to be "reset" 5+ times during our 2 week stay. If it happens at night, it can be a much bigger problem. "At Your Service" had lapses where they did not even answer their phones. One time, regarding the a/c problem, we let it ring continuously for 5 minutes! Something is going on there and it's not good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marriott St. Kitts Resort & Royal Beach Casino captivates you from the moment you see it, immersing you in the culture and atmosphere of this most relaxing and romantic of Caribbean Islands. Our breathtaking St. Kitts resort hotel offers an unparalleled island vacation experience. Luxury guest rooms, trimmed with West Indian accents and cutting-edge comforts, are spacious and welcoming. That same Caribbean flavor sets the tone in our 8 restaurants and 2 lounges. For entertainment and relaxation, the resort also offers the 35,000 sq ft Royal Beach Casino, the 15,000 sq ft Emerald Mist Spa and boasts an 18-hole championship golf course at the Royal St. Kitts Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Marriott and Tingo so you can book your St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Hotel Frigate Bay
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort And The Royal Beach Casino
- Marriott Frigate Bay
- Marriott St Kitts
- Frigate Bay Marriott
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino Frigate Bay