We visited the Marriott in St Kitts as part of a double celebration for our wedding aniversary and my wife's birthday commencing the holiday on the 1st January 2013. It was a mixed stay in a gorgeous setting. We arrived at the hotel to be advised that our upgrade would not be available until the following day but no problem. We were treated well as Platinum Elite Members and ordered a gift of wine and cheese etc were taken up to the room to find a bottle of champagne and fruit for our wedding anniversary a nice touch.
The room was ok with a limted view but for one night no problem. After three hours and four phone calls later the platinum gift arrived. The first week we had breakfast in the restaurant we felt like we were in the way as very few smiles from the associates and apart from the manager who made an effort they were a right grumpy lot.
Our upgrade was brilliant the double roomed suite on the fifth floor was perfect in every way a bit dodgy on the cleaning (when we didnt cath them watching the tele) but awesome just the same. We initially only ate twice in the hotel the first week after being served cold food in the snack place and treated like pariahas in the seafood restaurant we chose to eat out and it was a good decision.
The following Tuesday we were invited to the Elite members cocktail welcome on the roof and then everything changed to perfection. We met Imelda Lane the Finance Director and the holiday and the hotel experience improved a 100 fold (this lady is a fatastic advert for Marriott and deserves to be recognised for her help, assistance, demeanour and overall professionalism.
After meeting Imelda it was as if someone had put a bomb under everybody and we were treated like royalty a pity it took Imelda's intervention to achieve this. From then on we were greeted in the restaurant by name we had a fantastic meal in the main restaurant which I thank Annette Jacobs for sorting for me.
I would aslo like to thank Flavelle Woods and Keeva for their help and assistance. The hotel took some stick during the Christmas Period and New year for the attitude and approach of the associates all over the hotel who looked like the geusts where in the way of their day. The two guys on the front of the hotel were brilliant and helpful and friendly and made exit and entry in to the hotel a pleasant experience.
Saying that and with the help of Imelda who tried really hard to ensure our holiday was a successful and enjoyable one and worked hard to dispel the bad press you expect high standards from any Marriott and up until her intervention they were well below par.
The hotel itself is fantastic, impressive and clean and well situated the associates need to be reminded that without guests there would be no need for associates. Try and smile more and be a bit more pleasant and the hotel could be the best holiday you could hope to have.
We had a brilliant holiday over 16 days the facilities are impressive. Some one give Imelda a massive Gold Star she deserved it. Bob and Pat
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marriott St. Kitts Resort & Royal Beach Casino captivates you from the moment you see it, immersing you in the culture and atmosphere of this most relaxing and romantic of Caribbean Islands. Our breathtaking St. Kitts resort hotel offers an unparalleled island vacation experience. Luxury guest rooms, trimmed with West Indian accents and cutting-edge comforts, are spacious and welcoming. That same Caribbean flavor sets the tone in our 8 restaurants and 2 lounges. For entertainment and relaxation, the resort also offers the 35,000 sq ft Royal Beach Casino, the 15,000 sq ft Emerald Mist Spa and boasts an 18-hole championship golf course at the Royal St. Kitts Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort And The Royal Beach Casino
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Hotel Frigate Bay
- Marriott Frigate Bay
- Marriott St Kitts
- Frigate Bay Marriott
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino Frigate Bay