My husband and I visited St. Kitts with Air Canada Vacations from Toronto and really enjoyed the Marriott. The grounds, the beach, the rooms.....the food was excellent and we would rate the food and the customer service just slightly below a Sandals. We really enjoyed it. Dinners are all at a-la-carte restaurants and we ate at the Italian twice, the Steak house once and the Seafood restaurant 4 times. Thank goodness we paid for the all-inclusive option because dinners were generally $200, lunches about $75 and breakfast $55. And of course our drinks would have been on top of that.
The weather was 82 to 83F every day-just amazing!!
We hired a driver for half a day and he gave us a tour of the island-to be honest-not alot to see. Saw the old fort (Brimstone Hill), the black rocks (from lava flows) and downtown-downtown is UGLY-reminds me of Antigua's port-very ugly port and downtown area for what are otherwise beautiful islands. St. Kitts is abit rugged and hilly but beautiful-reminded us of St. Lucia actually.
We also spent a day on Nevis, St. Kitt's sister island-a 45-minute ferry ride each way. But a smooth ride so all was good! Nevis is TINY but quite beautiful-the famous Nevis Four Seasons Resort is there and we also saw a former sugar plantation, etc.
Our favorite day was spent at Shipwreck Beach which is where the Atlantic and the Caribbean meet-gorgeous. As it was a non-cruise ship day we had the beach totally to ourselves except for one other couple at the other end of the beach. We hung out at the Carambola Beach Club but walked over to the Shipwreck Beach Bar for lunch-so cool-you could swear that Johnny Depp could have walked in as Captain Jack and fit right in. They even had wild monkeys hanging out there. And the food was fantastic-and so cheap!
Of course we were delayed coming home because of the storm in Toronto on Friday so we actually didn't fly out until Saturday morning. Would have been nice except we spent at least half the day at the airport waiting for Air Canada Vacations to decide if they were going to cancel the flight on Friday-which they eventually did.That in itself is another story of miscommunication!!
All in all, great time and a great hotel!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marriott St. Kitts Resort & Royal Beach Casino captivates you from the moment you see it, immersing you in the culture and atmosphere of this most relaxing and romantic of Caribbean Islands. Our breathtaking St. Kitts resort hotel offers an unparalleled island vacation experience. Luxury guest rooms, trimmed with West Indian accents and cutting-edge comforts, are spacious and welcoming. That same Caribbean flavor sets the tone in our 8 restaurants and 2 lounges. For entertainment and relaxation, the resort also offers the 35,000 sq ft Royal Beach Casino, the 15,000 sq ft Emerald Mist Spa and boasts an 18-hole championship golf course at the Royal St. Kitts Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort And The Royal Beach Casino
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Hotel Frigate Bay
- Marriott Frigate Bay
- Marriott St Kitts
- Frigate Bay Marriott
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino Frigate Bay