I've stayed in a lot of Marriotts in the world but never a Marriott resort and I feel you can tell the difference straight away.
Our room was large and very clean but the "resort view" overlooked the air con vents (to be fair there was a discount when we complained).
Everywhere was very clean and tidy but the service was a bit hit and miss. Sometimes overbearing by the pool and sometimes non-existent.
My biggest gripe was the pay culture for everything, in particular the wifi when it is free at the coffee shop down the road which led us to take breakfast there each day. A perverse Marriott incentive. There was also a culture to push the Marriott organised trips as opposed to offering advice if wanting to go it alone. It might be a British thing but literally everything has a service charge added, drinks by the pool and even the room itself.
Don't get me wrong we had a nice time there but spent less and less time and money at the resort as the week went on, which probably tells its own story. I'd highly recommend walking over the Caribbean beaches about 30 mins away near Carambola, far nicer and what we were expecting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marriott St. Kitts Resort & Royal Beach Casino captivates you from the moment you see it, immersing you in the culture and atmosphere of this most relaxing and romantic of Caribbean Islands. Our breathtaking St. Kitts resort hotel offers an unparalleled island vacation experience. Luxury guest rooms, trimmed with West Indian accents and cutting-edge comforts, are spacious and welcoming. That same Caribbean flavor sets the tone in our 8 restaurants and 2 lounges. For entertainment and relaxation, the resort also offers the 35,000 sq ft Royal Beach Casino, the 15,000 sq ft Emerald Mist Spa and boasts an 18-hole championship golf course at the Royal St. Kitts Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort And The Royal Beach Casino
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Hotel Frigate Bay
- Marriott Frigate Bay
- Marriott St Kitts
- Frigate Bay Marriott
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino Frigate Bay