“Interesting Experience” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bucks County, PA
“Interesting Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This was my first trip to the West Indies and it would have been hard for any resort to live up to my expectations. The resort is located on the north, Atlantic, windward side of the island. So the January winds prevented anyone from actually using the beach at the resort. We had to taxi to the Caribbean side to enjoy the beach, costing $8-12 USD each way plus 5-10 per person to rent lounge chairs. There is a Marriott Hotel also on the property with a number of restaurants, however there was really not much happening and the restaurants were nothing special. The units are the largest we have experienced and well-appointed. Customer service on the resort was mixed. Most staff were customer focued, but some were just dolts. There were limited dining options within walking distance, so most restaurants were a cab ride away. It seemed like we kept the St. Kitts economy afloat with our extensive use of cabs. I would add that the Concierge staff were extremely helpful. Would probably not come back due to the high price of food, the cost of taxis, and the need to travel to another beach.

Room Tip: Definitely request a second or third floor unit.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Beside being on an excellent beach (Atlantic ocean) the property is clean, spacious, pretty and just what you think a Marriott property should be. The shops have it all. Duty free cigarettes are $20 per carton. They also sell rum, perfume and just about anything you want or need. The slots are loose in the casino and free local beers are provided for those playing. (Tip your servers, they will be more attentive to you.). The casino is open from noon to 4am...allowing you time to work on your tan in the morning! The restaurants are excellent and all staff are outstanding. You will love it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Beautiful location and for the most part pleasant staff. We stayed in a three bedroom villa over Christmas with nine of us and didn't feel the least bit cramped. So when I say attention to detail....this facility is just not kept up to the level you would expect from a Marriott. Tiles in the pool dirty, water cloudy at times.....trash left on the pool deck from one evening until the next morning. No towels available in the gym at times and sometimes no towels available at the pool. The volley ball net was ripped and volleyballs were either non-existent or just hard to come by. Also family shuffleboard available but there was no tracking who signed out the equipment or a time limit so that equipment wasn't available but also wasn't even visible. As far as I could tell there were two playing locations but only one set of equipment for the entire resort. It's hard to complain when you're in such an ideal setting but I'm used to a specific Marriott standard as a platinum member that the Beach Club just didn't live up to.
On a high note....the best conch fritters at the Beach cafe that I've had in years!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I would never come to the St. Kitts Marriott again. I have stayed in many Marriott's in my life, but this one was bad. First, don't go to St. Kitts. Stay on Nevis or Saba. St. Kitts is a dirty, crime-filled area. Most of downtown I would not travel at all. The roads are terrible. Poverty is extensive.

The Marriott's adds 57% of the cost of your room to the room as taxes and "service charges." 57%

The gym was a total dump and there were out of towels all the time. Most of the equipment was very rusted. The rooms were noisy. The staff lied to me when I had questions about a hiking trip (they said they did not know where the trail was and later that staff said some things that made it clear that he did know) about needing a guide. I have never felt lied to at any hotel like this and me and my wife travel a lot.

The food was overpriced (everything in this dump is overpriced) and average.

I will never come here again and this is my first time writing a review - if I save someone from the experience I had here it was worth my time.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Read everything that you sign. I have never stayed anywhere this this. I th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Morrisville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

[i'm wring this after several Ting with a Stings}

This place is incredible. its got all the fringes incluing the coffee bar, the pizza bar, the swim up pool bar, the fitness club, and the great beach. In fact, its hard to leave. Its like any amazing US resort.

But,, when you leave, you experience the real island. You see the sunsest at Shipwreck. The incredible days at Reggae Beach Bar. You hear the incredible history of the island from Derrick, the cab guy. You have a Teng with a Steng with Roti.

This island is incredible. And this is a great base camp I'm luck to be able to afford. But, if you want to experience the island, I recommend something a bit more quaint. maybe the hotiel hear the Shiggidy shack. Or the campers tents on Reggae Beach. Shop around. Life is short. Enjoy.

and have Ting with a Sting on me.

Room Tip: They did a bait and switch on us. We got promised a room with adjoining suite with our kids with po...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We were there in Oct. and it was hot and humid. Thank gods the a/c was always working in our condo.

At our request we were located near the swimming pool , therefore, no ocean view but we weren't there to sit in our room to stare at the ocean. We had a ground floor which was located across from the South Pool. The Main Pool is bigger and the source of entertainment for drinkers. We chose the south pool due to lack of children and noise. Service was there for Drinks but they didn't come around as often.

Our Condo was two bedrooms/2 bath and not a complaint to be had. Plenty of room for us to move around. Fully stocked kitchen and everything worked. No complaints.

We chose the all inclusive plan for breakfast Only. It worked out to $20 dollars/person a day and was only worth it if you eat at the buffet every morning. I really recommend not doing this..because you can save some money by eating off the menu. I was also told that the all inclusive for dinner wasn't offered at all the restaurants so check into this if you're an all inclusive type traveler.

We ate at most of the restaurants and again...a bit pricey but it was above average in taste and presentation. Make reservations .....the seating fills up quickly.

I really can't add anything new to what others have all ready said. You can't go wrong booking here.

Oh word of warning: When they say check out is at 10am they mean it. No leeway if you have a later flight. I found it odd that the cleaning staff was waiting at our door for us to leave. You know when your vacation has ended...LOL
However, they did hold our bags for us and let us shower at the spa since our flight back didn't leave until 3ish.

One last recommendation: Leeward charters. We did a private charter for 4 and had an awesome time. Well worth the money!

Room Tip: We were sent a request form for rooms prior to our arrival. They gave us what we requested and we c...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife and I were greeted by the staff with cool towels to refresh ourselves from the flight along with a cool drink. The staff warmly welcomed us and took our luggage as I went to check us in. Unfortunately the front desk could not locate our reservation in spite of us having the booking number, confirmation number and reservation reference number.. After 15-20 minutes of looking in the computer. calling in the back office, calling American Express travel they were able to located the reservation. They made it up with a very nice room upgrade.

The staff of the property from the waiters and waitress to the pool attendants ALL have smile on their faces, ask how you are doing and sincerely care about the answer. The staff and the folks on St. Kitts and Nevis are some of he nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

The resort is very relaxing. The redcurrants were all good. The service was fine. Everyone wanted to please and they ALL cared that our meal and our stay was a good one. For our meals that we took off of the property of the concierge was very helpful with recommendations.

The property is maintained very well. It is not a 4 Seasons, but then neither are it's prices. We had a great time and would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a relaxing vacation to a beautiful tropical island filled with friendly natives who take pride in their island.

Room Tip: All have their pluses and minuses. Main building is great, We had a room in another building with a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott's St. Kitts Beach Club? Share your experiences!