“Great spot!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Frigate Bay
kittyhawk
“Great spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What a great place. Our room is more like a very upscale apartment in South Beach, Miami. Bed is super comfy. Shower/bathroom is all tile/glass. Nice porch/patio area. Good size kitchen too so you can eat in. Two uncrowded pools & great lobby/lounging areas. Great wifi available throughout hotel & rooms. Everything is brand new & top notch. Older section of hotel is in major remodel mode & the restaurant here should be open in a month or so but there are several places to eat (& a nice coffee shop too) within walking distance. Beach is right across the street (on Atlantic side) & good central location to all the island has to offer. Highly recommend this place!

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here after our sailing trip to St. Kitts from another island. The accomodations were nice, staff very helpful, steered us to local eateries for good food and night life. We will be back to stay longer next time, only here for 3 nights this trip.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I fly in to look at the cricket and could not get a room at the Marriot Hotel but the only place available were the Royal St Kitts Hotel.
My stay at Royal st.Kitts Hotel was very good we really love the room fully equiped for a one bedroom fridge,stove,large tv,etc.only there were no phone and there were some revonation going on at the lobby.

The staff at the front desk was very helpful and friendly.There were also a lot of student staying at the property.
I think when they complete the renovations the place would look much better.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Bridgetown, Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

On a recent business trip to St Kitts, I had the priveledge of staying at Royal St Kitts. The room was exceptional. A true home away from home. The front desk management and staff were extremely helpful and understanding as I had encountered some difficulty with the use of my card. Kudos to you guys. A definite return for me.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jersey-CI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We weren't staying here, but popped in to see what it was like. From the outside, it looked the bees-knees; ultra modern and sleek.

Once past the ornamental fountain at the front though, and the whole image seems to crumble, literally. The car park past the fountain is a bit ragged and doesn't fit in with the process through the hotel.

The 'shop' to the left has a few items on each shelf and looked very 3rd world, even the sheets of paper and envelopes for sale separately.

The outside of the rooms at the back (looking past an efficient security guard) looked very shabby; long grass and tired furniture. There were no guests using the bar/lounge/restaurant.

Then my partner found the toilet as the one next to the 'shop' was locked. She said the door that could be secured had a lock that was in such a poor state she would not have used it on her garden gate. And the soap dispenser was on the floor. And the experience wasn't the best.

I initially hesistated about posting this review; whilst being a bit surprised about the state of what I did see, I had not viewed the rooms nor experienced the staff's efficiency. I had also seen the other glowing reviews, but then I looked at the reviews more closely and saw all bar one were from contributors where this was the only review (Ok, one had two reviews). Judge for yourself what might be happening here.

Room Tip: Research thoroughly before booking
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Darren T, Manager at Royal St. Kitts Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Jerry Bolton

Thank you for your recent review, we are sorry to hear that our conditions were not of higher standards at the time of your visit. As I'm sure you have experienced similar conditions during your stay at another property in Frigate Bay. I am sure if you had of experienced our services or interacted with any of our personnel you would have realized that the room accommodations and attentiveness from the staff make up for any short comings the public washroom may have.

We are in a rebuilding stage of our property, all guest rooms have been renovated to a four star quality. The washroom which your partner visited is currently under renovations. As far as the other reviews are concerned as I mentioned we are rebuilding and we refer all our guests to Trip Advisor to make a comment positive or negative. A number of our guests are repeat guests which have seen the transformation of our property from the Jack Tar days to the current condition. However some of our guests have never used Trip Advisor in the past and have only set up their account recently.

Should you every visit St. Kitts again I invite you to use our property and stay with us, I am sure your opinion of our property would change.

Again thank you for "Flying" by I only wish you had experienced the service's the hotel has to offer.

Regards
Darren Thompson
Flagler Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

My family and I really, really enjoyed our recent week at the Royal St. Kitts Hotel.
Our rooms were spacious, modern and very comfortable, the A/C was cold and the well furnished kitchen was a nice bonus. We had breakfast on the verandah every morning.
Everyone who worked there was super helpful and seemed genuinly happy to see us.
Darren Thompson, the hotel's General Manager, went out of his way to ensure our stay was wonderful. Credit to him and his staff.
The entire property is immaculate with beautiful plants and trees. The new landscaping throughout the grounds added a totally tropical feel to what is already a very well kept property with a gentle, relaxing feel to it.
This hotel is a wonderful Carribean experience and we're so pleased that we found it.
The Marlow family.

Room Tip: Before you go, phone Darren Thompson and ask him for a nice room!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

My stay was an awesome stay. Friendly staff. Very very clean and perfect room. My husband and I enjoyed every bit of our weekend stay. Thanks to the hard working staff. Keep up the good work. I would encourage any one students,honeymooners,tourists, any and everybody to visit the Royal St.Kitts Hotel. You will not regret. The prices are affordable. There's even a restaurant on the premises. Clean swimming pools. One children friendly and the other for adults to enjoy as well. It's truly a top of the class hotel. We would go back in a heart beat. I can only talk from my experience and as they say it is the best teacher. We enjoyed our 15th Anniversary so much we didn't want to leave the environment.

• Stayed April 2014

Been to Royal St. Kitts Hotel? Share your experiences!