We weren't staying here, but popped in to see what it was like. From the outside, it looked the bees-knees; ultra modern and sleek.
Once past the ornamental fountain at the front though, and the whole image seems to crumble, literally. The car park past the fountain is a bit ragged and doesn't fit in with the process through the hotel.
The 'shop' to the left has a few items on each shelf and looked very 3rd world, even the sheets of paper and envelopes for sale separately.
The outside of the rooms at the back (looking past an efficient security guard) looked very shabby; long grass and tired furniture. There were no guests using the bar/lounge/restaurant.
Then my partner found the toilet as the one next to the 'shop' was locked. She said the door that could be secured had a lock that was in such a poor state she would not have used it on her garden gate. And the soap dispenser was on the floor. And the experience wasn't the best.
I initially hesistated about posting this review; whilst being a bit surprised about the state of what I did see, I had not viewed the rooms nor experienced the staff's efficiency. I had also seen the other glowing reviews, but then I looked at the reviews more closely and saw all bar one were from contributors where this was the only review (Ok, one had two reviews). Judge for yourself what might be happening here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal St. Kitts Hotel, a family-run business formerly known as Jack Tar Village for over 20 years, is back with a new look, feel, and focus on Kittitian Culture. Here, you'll rediscover your playful side and learn what it means to "lime", a Kittitian term for hanging out and just getting away from it all. Our Kittitian-focused philosophy, which aims to deliver an authentic island experience, is infused into every aspect of our services and facilities. It's no wonder then that Royal St. Kitts Hotel won the Most Creative Business Award at the St. Kitts Tourism Authority's 2008-09 Tourism Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Royal St. Kitts Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal St. Kitts Hotel And Casino
- Royal St. Kitts Hotel Frigate Bay
- Hotel Royal St Kitts