“Just a flying visit, but.....” 2 of 5 stars

Royal St. Kitts Hotel
P.O Box 406, Frigate Bay K0M 1N0, St. Kitts   |
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Frigate Bay
Jersey-CI
“Just a flying visit, but.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We weren't staying here, but popped in to see what it was like. From the outside, it looked the bees-knees; ultra modern and sleek.

Once past the ornamental fountain at the front though, and the whole image seems to crumble, literally. The car park past the fountain is a bit ragged and doesn't fit in with the process through the hotel.

The 'shop' to the left has a few items on each shelf and looked very 3rd world, even the sheets of paper and envelopes for sale separately.

The outside of the rooms at the back (looking past an efficient security guard) looked very shabby; long grass and tired furniture. There were no guests using the bar/lounge/restaurant.

Then my partner found the toilet as the one next to the 'shop' was locked. She said the door that could be secured had a lock that was in such a poor state she would not have used it on her garden gate. And the soap dispenser was on the floor. And the experience wasn't the best.

I initially hesistated about posting this review; whilst being a bit surprised about the state of what I did see, I had not viewed the rooms nor experienced the staff's efficiency. I had also seen the other glowing reviews, but then I looked at the reviews more closely and saw all bar one were from contributors where this was the only review (Ok, one had two reviews). Judge for yourself what might be happening here.

Room Tip: Research thoroughly before booking
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Oh dear, used the facilities here and what a disappointment, looks on the outside are very deceiving used a bathroom through a restaurant downstairs and was shocked at the condition, 1x toilet blocked, soap dispenser off the wall, paper towels everywhere, locks on bathroom doors were flimsy some hanging off, glad I wasn't staying over night!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Flagler Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family and I really, really enjoyed our recent week at the Royal St. Kitts Hotel.
Our rooms were spacious, modern and very comfortable, the A/C was cold and the well furnished kitchen was a nice bonus. We had breakfast on the verandah every morning.
Everyone who worked there was super helpful and seemed genuinly happy to see us.
Darren Thompson, the hotel's General Manager, went out of his way to ensure our stay was wonderful. Credit to him and his staff.
The entire property is immaculate with beautiful plants and trees. The new landscaping throughout the grounds added a totally tropical feel to what is already a very well kept property with a gentle, relaxing feel to it.
This hotel is a wonderful Carribean experience and we're so pleased that we found it.
The Marlow family.

Room Tip: Before you go, phone Darren Thompson and ask him for a nice room!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

My stay was an awesome stay. Friendly staff. Very very clean and perfect room. My husband and I enjoyed every bit of our weekend stay. Thanks to the hard working staff. Keep up the good work. I would encourage any one students,honeymooners,tourists, any and everybody to visit the Royal St.Kitts Hotel. You will not regret. The prices are affordable. There's even a restaurant on the premises. Clean swimming pools. One children friendly and the other for adults to enjoy as well. It's truly a top of the class hotel. We would go back in a heart beat. I can only talk from my experience and as they say it is the best teacher. We enjoyed our 15th Anniversary so much we didn't want to leave the environment.

• Stayed April 2014
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I recently stayed here for one night. It's an interesting place, I think the rooms are old condos now renovated to high standards.

Walking in, the lobby is large and nice and nicely furnished. There was no way to book online, I has to call to book, but they had my reservation and staff was very helpful and professional. The units themselves don't look like much from the outside, but inside they are very, very nice. This would be a great long stay option because the units are like modern condos with large fridges, etc. I think they rent some out long term, and they also seem to be selling some under the tag line "vacation for life st. kitts" -- you can do a google search for more info and photos. The units all have flat screen TVs, great bedding, walk in showers, etc. They may be condos that people bought and then put back into the rental pool, I don't know.

My unit was on the high (first) floor and kind of looked over a chain link fence with barbed wire on top of it; had I been on the ground floor I would have been looking right through the fence.The grounds of the complex aren't particularly nice - it's not on the beach, the golf course is a bit scruffy, there are 1 or 2 pools and they looked serviceable but not all that great.

Location is generally good; the Frigate Bay area has some shops/hotels/restaurants within walking distance but not that many. There is a taxi stand about 50-100 meters from the hotel where there are always taxis to take you anywhere in St Kitts for the regulated fixed price.

This is good choice for business travelers, people traveling solo, people who want to self-cater. Maybe not a great choice for honeymooners looking for a beach resort, but I'm sure even they could do much worse.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have nothing but good things to say about the Royal St. Kitts Hotel. The staff were great and the service was second to none. The room was extremely comfortable and everything was brand new because of the recent renovations. A full kitchen, a nice big TV, and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in made sure my stay in St. Kitts was perfect. I will definitely be back ! Thank-You Royal St. Kitts Hotel, experiences like these are hard to come by.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Darren T, Manager at Royal St. Kitts Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
We thank you for your review. During the renovations everything was replaced, even the entry door. Our new rooms are functional and comfortable, plush pillow top mattresses, microfiber sofa couches, top of the line air conditioners we spared no expense. Your comfort and satisfaction is our business, thank you for choosing our property we know you have many options. When you are ready to book again please contact the hotel directly. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We just returned to Florida after spending 6.5 weeks in St. Kitts. Stayed at the Royal St. Kitts Hotel in a newly renovated room with all amenities. Wow! All the staff were very pleasant & very helpful.

We would recommend this hotel to strangers and to all our family and friends. We will be returning in December 2014.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, we are pleased that you were able to utilize our extended stay rates. Our focus is your comfort and satisfaction we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to pass along your comments at our next general staff meeting.

Been to Royal St. Kitts Hotel? Share your experiences!