From the moment we walked in the level of service was professional and friendly, especially the waitresses in the excellent restaurant. The food was of a high standard and we can particularly recommend the lamb rump and the chicken stuffed with haggis. Our room(no.23) was on the top floor and with it's newly decorated bathroom was of more than an adequate standard, the bed was very comfortable and clean. There appears to be an ongoing programme of redecoration in the hotel which will help brighten up the odd tired corner. The hotel is perfectly located for visiting the National Trust properties at Cragside and Wallington. We hope to visit again and would thoroughly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Queens Head is a family run inn with smart en-suite rooms, relaxed atmosphere, friendly bar and helpful staff. The attractive restaurant has comfortable high backed upholstered chairs where the Bar/A la Carte Menu or the daily blackboard are available Lunch and Dinner, or if you prefer, eat in the Bar. There is a patio garden and free private car park. We pride ourselves on the quality of our food and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo and Venere so you can book your The Queens Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Queens Head Hotel Rothbury
- The Queens Head Northumberland/Rothbury