My husband and I stayed here using the Groupon deal in late October. The deal wasn't officially meant to start until November but the lady I dealt with via email was very accommodating and allowed us to use the deal a little earlier.
The hotel/pub is an old building so there's bound to be some wear and tear, but our room (a twin on the top floor) was very homely, clean and decorated in a modern style. We ate in the restaurant that evening and the food was excellent, as was the breakfast the next morning.
We couldn't fault the service and for what we paid it really was a bargain.
Not at all the fault of the hotel, but I had a poor night's sleep due to the church bells ringing throughout the night....why???!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Queens Head is a family run inn with smart en-suite rooms, relaxed atmosphere, friendly bar and helpful staff. The attractive restaurant has comfortable high backed upholstered chairs where the Bar/A la Carte Menu or the daily blackboard are available Lunch and Dinner, or if you prefer, eat in the Bar. There is a patio garden and free private car park. We pride ourselves on the quality of our food and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your The Queens Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Queens Head Hotel Rothbury
- The Queens Head Northumberland/Rothbury