We had a good stay at a good place with some lovely touches but unfortunately there were a few too many little mistakes.
Cleanliness in bedroom at floor level left much to be desired, why was DVD player in bedroom in the wardrobe and not set up?.
small bathroom amd bath with no shelf space for personal items, hospitality tray on a low window sill-why not on a shelf or table-in reality bedroom was overcluttered to get everything in.
Breakfast-bacon had been pre cooked and was inedible-sent back no apology, no extra water with tea and no offer of any.
All little things but just take the edge off a visit.
There are some lovely touches but need to be careful not to become a triumph of "extras" over good basics.
- Also Known As:
- The Orchard House Hotel
- The Orchard House Hotel Rothbury
- Orchard Hotel Rothbury
- The Orchard Hotel
- The Orchard House Northumberland/Rothbury
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious Georgian town house has a village location on the edge of the Northumberland National Park. All rooms offer free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, Bose music systems and Egyptian cotton linen, slippers, bathrobes and luxury toiletries. The Orchard House is winner of the AA Guest Accommodation England 2008, and is Conde Nast Johansens Recommended 2009, and one of TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Top Ten Bargains in Europe 2008. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, EasyToBook, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your The Orchard House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.