“Friendly welcome in Northumberland” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Katerina's Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rothbury
Katerina's Guest House
You added Katerina's Guest House to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   High Street, Rothbury, Northumberland National Park NE65 7TQ, England   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Rothbury B&B and Inns
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Friendly welcome in Northumberland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We so enjoyed our stay here that we booked an extra night. Cath and Ian were attentive hosts who wanted us to get the best out of our stay both in their guest house and the area. We originally chose Rothbury because it is very close the NT property Cragside but Alnwick ,Bamburgh and the whole Northumbrian coast up to Holy Island are within easy reach.
Our bed was comfortable and our room was quiet, although a little more space would have been ideal. We found a wide range of drinks to prepare for ourselves and, rare luxury, fresh milk in the fridge. Fresh cake appeared every day instead of the usual biscuits.
The excellent cooked breakfast began with home baked bread, and as well as the 'Full English' with prime produce, vegetarian, fish and egg options were available, all in generous portions. It was a short stay that we will long remember.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
6Cassy9, Owner at Katerina's Guest House, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Hi,
Such a nice review and I did see it - a long time ago - but didn't know I could respond.
Well, I'm responding now ..... many thanks for all the positive comments about breakfasts etc. I just want to let you know, we haven't changed - if you manage to come back sometime, the home-made bread is still on, the whisky porridge smells just as aromatic and we still have a wide range to suit all tastes.
Thanks a lot, cheerio, Cath.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Seghill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Me and my partner stayed at katerinas guest house for three nights at the end of May and we had a great time.
We were greeted with a lovely warm atmosphere by two genuinely lovely people.
Our room was room 2 which was quaint yet of sizeable proportion and packed out with everything you could possibly need. We were even supplied with hot chocolate, tea & coffee, shower gel and even a nice bathrobe. They've thought of everything.
The breakfasts were also amazing. My partner, who is a hungry lad at best, even mentioned that he was full at one point, let's just say they are sizable portions!
All in all we had a lovely time at Katerina's Guest House and we'd definitely book again if we were ever to revisit this lovely Northumbrian village, which I'm sure we will!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2 and it was lovely.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi there,
Thanks for this lovely review. I have just received a letter from TripAdvisor telling me that I can place my response on Trip's site! So, today I am writing, all at once, to all my reviewers, thanking them for their time and for their positive comments.
We hope to see you back here some day soon!
Cheerio, Cath.
Morecambe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed at Katerinas for three nights very recently and found every aspect of it to be wonderful. The location is great and Kath and Ian are very friendly and helpful and do everything they can to make your stay enjoyable. We usually stay in slightly more expensive accommodation but found the efforts made to ensure your comfort here were better than any other place we have stayed! There was a choice of around six hot drinks available in your room, top quality soaps /shower gel / shampoos, cotton wool buds and tips, information on the village itself and local tourist attractions and even dressing gowns provided for your use. I would (and already have!) highly recommended this B & B to friends and would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: There are three double rooms two with showers and one with a bath they are all furnished to the same...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
What a great review - full of description - just the thing to tell the public all they need to know.
Thanks so much for taking the time to do this for us - I'm glad I finally found out that I am able to say thanks online.
Take care, Cheerio, Cath.
Maldon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Great, laid-back stay at a very friendly, clean and comfortable guesthouse. Nothing is too much bother for Cath and Ian and the breakfasts are unbelievable. Won't need to eat for days now.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear past visitors,
I'm so sorry that it took this long for me to realise that I could thank you online for your kind review. I now know this because TripAdvisor sent me an explanatory letter today!
Since I received the letter, I have written individually to everyone who reviewed us in 2012 and am determined also to thank those who reviewed us way back in 2011 or before.
The existance of TripAdvisor is so helpful to accommodation providers and the public alike. For the first time, the needs of the intending holiday maker can be matched to the available establishment for the good of both.
TripAdvisor could not function without individuals like yourselves who are prepared to spend their time, considering their opinion carefully and taking time to write, placing it on the www for all to see. Very public spirited!
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

This small guest house in the middle of Rothbury was a delightful place to stay. It has three double rooms which are nicely laid out with four poster beds and ensuite facilities. Everywhere was exceptionally clean and the house was comfortable with a cosy atmosphere. Cath cooked wonderful breakfasts (we would recomend the special porridge!), while Ian ensured the toast and drinks kept coming whilst providing insights into Northumberland humour. We always felt ready to face the day after that. Evening meals can be booked in advance and were superb. Rothbury is a beautiful village near to Alnwick and is well positioned for visiting Holy Island, Bamburgh Castle, and Alnwick Castle while Edinburgh is only two hours away! The glorious sandy beaches are only half an hour away and the coastal paths are well signposted. There are also lots of local walks along the river and Cragside (National Trust) is close by. We will definitely be booking again. Thanks for a lovely holiday Cath & Ian.

Room Tip: We liked room 2, but all rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011 via mobile

We have travelled extensively to many parts of the world and stayed in lots of very nice places but we have never been inspired enough by any to actually leave feedback until now. Cath and Ian are a friendly, informative, hospitable couple who run a beautifully clean, charming and comfortable establishment, with great atmosphere due to its age (something we tourists look for in uk accommodation). The guest house is in a prime position in Rothbury with access to lots of places for tourists in any direction, Hadrians Wall and Cragside to mention just two. If you are looking for a place to stay that ticks all the boxes, consider this one! Thanks for having us Cath and Ian

• Stayed September 2011
Pontefract
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

A small B & B but great service and wonderful rooms. Rooms are not large but they are so comfortable, tons of storage, delightful olde worlde charm with four posters and en-suite. Cath and Ian are great hosts producing lovely breakfasts and giving a homely atmosphere. Be prepared to put on a pound or two whilst you stay but you can walk it off in the lovely surrounding countryside.

Room Tip: Room 3 is the smaller room but has the best views. Try the porridge with 'Scotch'!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Cath and Ian, at Katerina's Guest House, Rothbury, Northumberland.

Been to Katerina's Guest House? Share your experiences!