“A lovely, comfortable, pleasant place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Katerina's Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rothbury
Katerina's Guest House
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   High Street, Rothbury, Northumberland National Park NE65 7TQ, England   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Rothbury B&B and Inns
Ilford
“A lovely, comfortable, pleasant place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

This guest house is ideally situated in a beautiful part of the country. The rooms were nicely furnished, and the inclusion of a small fridge meant we could have fresh milk in tea and coffee - a real bonus! The owners were very welcoming and friendly. The wifi was extremely useful.

Room Tip: Ideal for beautiful Cragside NT property.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
6Cassy9, Owner at Katerina's Guest House, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear past visitors,
I'm so sorry that it took this long for me to realise that I could thank you online for your kind review. I now know this because TripAdvisor sent me an explanatory letter today!
Since I received the letter, I have written individually to everyone who reviewed us in 2012 and am determined also to thank those who reviewed us way back in 2011 or before.
The existance of TripAdvisor is so helpful to accommodation providers and the public alike. For the first time, the needs of the intending holiday maker can be matched to the available establishment for the good of both.
TripAdvisor could not function without individuals like yourselves who are prepared to spend their time, considering their opinion carefully and taking time to write, placing it on the www for all to see. Very public spirited!

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

This was our 7th stay at Cath and Ians guest house and it was just as perfect as the 1st time we stayed with them. The guest house is very welcoming and feels very comfortable as soon as you walk through the door. The rooms are very clean and you get a nice selection of teas and coffee in your room. The fresh home made bread is very nice and the breakfast is lovely and you get a wide selection to choose from. Cath and Ian are two of the best hosts we have ever come across and we will definatly be back to see them for many more visits.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Colne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

Our third visit to Katerinas and, for the second time, to celebrate our wedding anniversary. As we have come to expect from Cath and Ian, they gave us a memorable week with a warm welcome, delicious food,( Cath's home made bread and meringues are to die for!) cosy well-appointed rooms with exceptional attention to detail, and Ian's amazing knowledge of everything Northumbrian.
Rothbury is a delightful town and a good centre to tour from with any number of interesting places to visit. Favourites on our list are Cragside, Alnwick (castle and particularly the gardens) Chillingham Castle and of course the coastal treasures of the Farne Islands, Bamburgh and Lindisfarne.
A day out to any of the above is only improved on by returning to the warm hospitality of Cath and Ian's little hidden treasure.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Bath
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

Rothbury is a great place to stay when exploring Northumberland and Katerinas Guest House is ideal. The owners were extremely friendly and helpful and the breakfast choice was good. Evening meals were available on request but we preferred to go out.

Our room (No. 2) and bathroom were both nice but rather small. As we only stayed two nights, this was not a problem. I believe their other rooms are more spacious. Plenty of free "on street" parking in front of the Guesthouse.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Princes Risborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

The rooms are kept immaculately clean. Breakfast is excellent with a varied choice of local produce. Guests rise every morning to the smell of home baked bread. They are central for sight seeing in the national parks, unspoilt beaches, and historic buildings. Cath & Ian provided a first class service.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Port Macquarie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

Katerina's Guest House provides the opportunity to experience living in Tudor England. It is located in a small, quiet village which was a pleasant surprise. Cath and Ian are very friendly hosts with a vast array of information which they are more than willing to share. The rooms are from a period long ago yet have all the modern amenities to make your stay memorable. I would be very surprised if there is a better breakfast in a B&B - Cath's home made bread was delicious. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Cath and Ian, at Katerina's Guest House, Rothbury, Northumberland.

Been to Katerina's Guest House? Share your experiences!