I bought a short break at Portsonachan, at Countryside Live in Harrogate. We planned to celebrate my wife's birthday, and that of one of our friends. Four of us made the trip up to Loch Awe on the 25th of January. The location is simply AWEsome (pardon the pun!) and the welcome we got from Daniel (the manager?) was excellent. Nothing was too much trouble, with offers of packed lunches etc etc etc. Breakfast was excellent, with haggis, black pudding, bacon, egg, sausage, tomato, fried bread, toast, mushrooms, along with the usual cereals, fruit juices and fruit. Coffee and tea was plentiful and hot, and we were able to set off on our days out well satisfied - and actually not really needing to eat again until the evening! The lounge is lovely, with big leather armchairs and an open fire, and there are fascinating glass topped tables with bronze (I think) animals poking through. The view across the loch is to die for, so if you can book a Lochside room I'd certainly recommend it. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful - we're already planning a return visit in the summer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel, with restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Portsonachan Hotel & Lodges on Loch Awe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portsonachan Hotel And Lodges On Loch Awe
- Portsonachan Hotel Dalmally
- Portsonachan Resort Dalmally