We recently stayed at Portsonachan for Christmas break, this was a return visit which we decide a few weeks before booking and arriving 23rd Dec 2013 for 4 nights.
We stayed in lochside apartment, which has lovely views looking over Loch Awe.
The apartment has plenty of room and would even suit self cattering persons.
The apartment has downstairs bathroom with shower, toilet, sink.
Hall way with space for boots and hanging coats, hall leads to open plan kitchen livingroom.
Kitchen has cooker, microwave, kettle, toaster, fridge, dishwasher, saucepans, mugs, glasses, plates so forth all supplied.
Livingroom 2 leather sofas, coffee table, TV, DVD player, hifi stereo, glass patio doors leading to patio with table & chairs, no to mention breathtaking views.
Upstairs is open plan bedrooms with double bed, built in wardrobes either side of the bed, with TV, large bath tub, sink and toilet. Skylight over bed.
Window facing over Loch.
The whole area is peaceful, tranquil and relaxing.
Pictures of the views dont do the place justice.
Oban is about 30 miles away and is really the nearest big town.
Loch Awe is literally to get away from hussle bussle of everyday life and just enjoy the views and take in the surrounding nature.
We eat a few times in the restaurant, which has certainly improved from when we stayed previously.
Breakfast gets thumbs up!
Xmas meal was lovely I haf lamb and my partner had traditional Turkey.
Bar & lounge has open log fires, nice warm & cosy feel after going for walks or perhaps fishing on the Loch.
Charlotte the new manager, provides warm welcome, and looks after you.
Your treated like a friend, with home from home feel. Thank you to Charlotte for making our Christmas break special.
We would return again and stay in lochside apartment as have done so previously, theres just something I find relaxing about Loch Awe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel, with restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Portsonachan Hotel & Lodges on Loch Awe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portsonachan Hotel And Lodges On Loch Awe
- Portsonachan Hotel Dalmally
- Portsonachan Resort Dalmally