My wife and I have just returned from a night at the Portsonachan and overall we had a great time. We brought our dog, who was made to feel very welcome within the hotel. The food was great and was really good value. The bar prices were really reasonable and we enjoyed the benefit of being able to sit in the bar with the dog.
The Hotel itself could really do with a bit of investment. The main problems appeared to be cosmetic with the decor quite dated and tired. The dining room appeared to have been recently reburbished so it's obviously a work in progress. When we checked in, we were directed to our coach house room. It was at the top of some stairs which would have benefited from a good sweep and a lick of paint but the adjacent waterfall was lovely. Our room was nice with a large comfortable bed, however on arrival we found the bathroom floor was flooded. We reported it the problem which was quickly identified as a leaking tap and was dealt with swiftly by the hotel manager. We had no further problems with the room.
We were impressed by the kind and helpful staff who were clearly working hard. They obliged us with an ice bucket and glasses for the room. The location was fabulous with wonderful views of the loch and good walks for our dog.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel, with restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Portsonachan Hotel & Lodges on Loch Awe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portsonachan Hotel And Lodges On Loch Awe
- Portsonachan Hotel Dalmally
- Portsonachan Resort Dalmally