“A Joke” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Mayo
“A Joke”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

While staying in Cala'n Bosch ,we hired a car to see the island and stopped in Calan Porter by the beach one day,(beautiful setting).went to this place which is the only restaurant at the beach and probably as a result thinks it can operate any old way.It can sit a massive amount of people due to its length and outdoor seating area,as a result get the people in ,gets their order and then forgets about them.After ordering food and drinks ,we waited 25min for 4 plastic bottles(2 adults,1 teenager and 1 child) of water,then when after another 20 min the food came both mine and my wifes was inedible,water running out of the omlette and the chips were cold,sent both back and was asked did I want it reheated or a new dinner,I said simply that I wanted the food that was ordered.No apology ,no service,too many customers not enough staff,also the manager/owner should get his finger out ,stop ordering his staff about and trying to look pretty and get on with the job of running a restaurant.On top of this when I went to pay ,no mention of service or apology and a bill for €35 euro for 4 bottles of water 2 chips and omlette,2 chips and garlic bread,robbery.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

mcr
“Great location and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Back again. 6 years now. Mark and his team were as friendly as ever. Fabulous location for lunch or dinner as the sun goes down. Great for kids as there is a little play park opposite. Very extensive menu to suit everyone. Pizzas are exceptional.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Durham United Kingdom
“Gone downhill allright !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We weren't impressed at all, cold coffee one day, Rock hard Baguette the next, left a lot of it on my plate, pointed out that it was too dry and hard but was ignored and handed the bill, the Owner/Manager?, who I would like to point out is new, we've not seen him before, (we go to Cal'an Porter every year and have done for the last 20+years) was only interested in chatting up British blonde lady!

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
suffolk
“overpriced and grumpy staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

went in here for a lunchtime snack and drink and had menus thrown at us by the very miserable waiter and then waited ages for an unimpressive toasted sandwich and drink to be chucked on the table and paid 11 euros for the privilege! I wouldnt go there again even if i was starving! Send your staff on a customer service training course.

Visited September 2012
Surrey UK
“very disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stopped here for a light lunch because it was very hot and we couldn't be bothered to go back up from the beach area - I wish I had chosen somewhere else because the food wasn't good and the service was awful.

We sat inside as it was very hot. A couple of tables inside were occupied but otherwise the place was not busy however despite this the waiter was very slow to bring menus or take our order. When he finally brought the food to the table he simply dumped the plates down and disappeared before I had a chance to ask for mayonaise and when I finally managed to get his attention to ask for some, instead of producing some in a small dish as I expected, he simply tossed three tiny sachets of mayo onto the table as he went past with a tray of drinks for another table.

The food itself was very disappointing - I ordered Calamares a la Romana which frankly was horrible as the batter was thick, greasy and had an unpleasant taste - I ended up stripping the batter from the fish in order to be able to eat it. My husband's fried baby squid were badly overcooked and too greasy for words as was the side order of patatas fritas con alioli that we ordered to share and although it must have been obvious from the state of our plates that we were not enjoying the food, at no time did anyone bother to come by and ask if everything was OK.

In fact the experience was so disappointing that I was very tempted to ask for one of their complaint forms ( there was a sign on wall saying that these had to be completed if customers were unhappy) but my husband just wanted to pay up and leave so we did. I shall never go there again.

La comida no era buena aqui - Yo no se lo recomiendo a nadie

• Visited July 2012