We stayed here for a week - the accommodation was poor, although probably wouldn't of been so bad for a one or two nights. The complex is very run down, and Room 144 was not suitable to stay in, it was shabby to say the least, and there is a problem with some sort of wood lice which crawl constantly between the skirting boards and other areas of wood. Several of these insects were found whil preparing food on the wooden work top between the kitchen and lounge. The bathroom also had the same problem with insects, even though it was tiled and we also had the problem of sewage coming up into the toilet - I assume from other apartments, the smell was not pleasant. This was a real shame as the location couldn't of been better - quite breath taking, although the view from the balcony was spoilt by the damaged and dirty area below our view of broken tiles and peoples rubbish that had not been cleared. The kitchen was in a poor state of repair and we didnt like to put too much in the cupboards incase the creepy crawlies got in it.
Having said allof this I couldnt fault the staff, and the lovely maid that kept us in clean towels etc.
The transfer service from the airport was horrendous and would not recommend anyone paying for the coach service - no air con, full of engine fumes and took two and half hours instead of 90 minutes for the transfer, we had to pay 50 Euros on the way back to the airport as we could not face getting back onto the coach. The Lido area across the road from Poblado Marinero was a real bonus for us and to be able to sit in the lovely clean area was a pleasure. I would recommend the first restaurant on the corner by the Mariner 'El Ancla' food was fantastic, infact most of the restaurants in the area were good, very high standard in general.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Poblado Marinero Hotel
- Apartamentos Poblado Marinero Tenerife
- Apartamentos Poblado Marinero Hotel Tenerife
- Apartamentos Poblado Marinero Los Gigantes, Tenerife, Spain
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfortable, welcoming and just a short walk to the resort centre, the Poblado Marinero Apartments are an ideal base from which to enjoy your surroundings. In fact, staying here is all about location. Not only are you just 100 metres from resort, but closer still you’ll find the nearest shops, bars and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Otel, Travelocity, Priceline and Olotels so you can book your Apartamentos Poblado Marinero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.