“Return to Poblado Marineros” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Apartamentos Poblado Marinero

You added Apartamentos Poblado Marinero to your Saves list
Apartamentos Poblado Marinero
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/Los Guios s/n | Poblado Marinero, 38683 Los Gigantes, Tenerife, Spain   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Los Gigantes
worcestershire
“Return to Poblado Marineros”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

We have returned from the private apartment, run by www.losgigantesdirect.com , on the Marina itself where we have been before but could not wait to return. The village and the apartment was just like going home, the apartment has had some refurbishment, although it lacked nothing before, with new polished floor, decor and flat tele etc. .Comfortable well equipped and with everything required it is a delight to be in and to sit on the balcony watching everything happening around.
Various changes have been made on the harbour front and in the village .... all for the better ... restaurants to suit all tastes and pockets, which I may review elsewhere.
Transfers were recomended and made for us which made the whole trip comfortable and hassle free.
Left with some sorrow and jealous of those taking our place. ... well done to all.

Room Tip: Look at the website and choose your own apartment to siut your requirements
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Johannesburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

We stayed in Poblado Marinero (210) for a week, and couldn't choose better location. Very close to marina and a small beach, plenty shops and restaurants, yet pecefull and quiet. Fully enjoyed the stay. The apartments are comfortable and have all you will nead. Good value for money.

• Stayed October 2011
israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

we had a room with sea front view, which was amazing. the beach 2 min. walk, peacfull and beautifull. the service was kind, attentive, full of good will and friendly. the rooms comfortable, including washing machine which was a great surprize. great location to reach all the highlights oF Tanerif.

Room Tip: take the room with sea front view. worth the 10 eur. extra.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

los gigantes is a great base, our room was basic, a bit tired. But if all u want is a place to sleep which we did, its perfect. And the view from balcony makes up for it. We had no toaster and the oven didnt work but a quick trip 2 reception fixed the former & with plenty of eateries to choose from nearby, we werent worried about the cooker. I recommend a walk to Puerto Santiago to a restaurant called Casa Pedro. Overlooking the sea it offers great Canarian style meals at reasonable prices.

• Stayed December 2010
Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

We stayed in PM for one week in March. As many reviews say, apartments are worn down, but basically clean. Construction work site just by the PM is annoying; they work Mon-Sat 7am- 8 pm.
Two out of four of us caught the stomach bug; can't blame the hotel for that, I guess it is more of a whole Los Gigantes problem.
If you want cheap, spacious apartment, PM is that, but it really is basic (no TV, no phone, not all apartments have views etc).

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
St Helens, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

Hotel is in a good location in Los Gigantes, very close to the marina and the beach (beach closed as of March 2011, re-opening soon). Free use of the lido across the road. Lots of amenities - shops, bars, restaurants very close by. Hotel itself looks fine from the outside but very tired on the inside - could do with a good scrub . As independent travellers we sometimes stay in less than sparkling accommodation but the place just felt a little dirty. I had brought cleaning wipes with me so gave the kitchen and dining areas a good go over before use. The furniture was worn, floor tiles were loose and the decoration in general needed sprucing up. If its all about location though you can't really beat the place.

During our visit a sickness bug was rife in the hotel, and in other parts of the resort - unfortunately we caught it and lost 2 days of our holiday to unpleasant illness

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

We had read all the reviews before travelling so knew exactly what to expect. My main concern was getting 'the bug' as i have a weakened immune system. We travelled with thomson who dropped us at the front of little italy as we expected so we knew exactly where we were going. Check in was quick and friendly with clear instructions where to find our apartment.
The apartment 211 was as we expected clean but very basic, it was in need of total renovation, floor tiles lose, tired furniture, dated bathroom, cheap upholstry, broken/ancient patio door lock, kitchen taps hanging on by a thread, however the fridge freezer was the best we have ever had in any grade apartment all over europe. I was also worried about the hard beds but we both found them very comfy with an extra pillow so no complaints there. I did find them to be a bit stingy with towels but the ones we got were nice enough.
I did contact 'the bug' (sickness, shivers, fever and loss of appetite) on the 4th day which lasted 24 hours, some people blame the apartments but it cant be as it affects the whole resort residents included, I do enjoy my food but lost my appetite for the rest of the week. I think its disgraceful thomson will not recognise that there is a problem to warn people, especially those with compromised immune systems, however I knew I would get it and went well prepared.
My main issues were that the water was hot one minute cold the next and on one afternoon we had no water at all with no warning.
I do believe thomson had a duty to warn us of the beach construction work even though it wasnt taking place in our apartments, as one review mentioned it went on from 0800 till it got dark around 1930 very noisy drilling right outside the apartment with cranes and lorries and workmen shouting, I understand the work has to be done so I didnt mind too much especially as our balcony faced the other way but if we had children who needed an afternoon sleep it would be impossible and I would be furious we hadnt been at least warned out of curtesy.
The last thing I noticed which I presume breaks even spanish law is that there is no fire evacuation emergency procedures in the apartment, if there was a fire I wouldnt have the faintest idea where to go, I presume thomson are not aware either as I guess it means they are breaking the law too.
The positives are that we were really looking forward to a quiet reading holiday with a bit of sun and this is exactly what we got, the lido is really nice and overlooking the sea and out to la gomera, the los gigantes cliffs are very beautiful and the apartment complex I found to be really quite pretty with a village feel.
Most bars and restaurants are much the same but we found somewhere we enjoyed every night, we really enjoyed mirandas and jardin del sol.
The resort did seem to be very quiet on a night almost like a ghost town on a couple of nights but we were there over a bank holiday so that was maybe some thing to do with it, but it was so peaceful, I really feel like we had a good rest, I dont think we would go again purely because its small and I think weve seen everything there is to see. The resort is mainly geared up for the older generation and I dont think its that suitable for kids I think they would become easily bored, if its r&r your after this is the place

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Globales Tamaimo Tropical
Globales Tamaimo Tropical
#9 of 10 in Puerto de Santiago
3.5 of 5 stars 2,026 reviews

Been to Apartamentos Poblado Marinero? Share your experiences!