Just back from a 2 week break with my wife and 3yr old. After picking up hire car (essential ) follow signs for Cadiz then follow signs for AP-68 (toll rd 16 euros)coming off at jnct 133, go under motorway past the petrol station then follow A7 towards Manilva. When you reach the Manilva roundabout double back on yourself and it is about 2OOM on your right, get use to this road as you will see alot of it ! The complex was extremely quiet which suited us as we like a quiet pool area but this would not suit everyone. The accomodation was good, bedroom with full en suite,a seperate toilet/showeroom if in 2 bedroom ,large living room with decent kitchen area but no oven . The vievs from the balcony are amazing looking out over the sea to gibraltar and north africa .One area I would advise you to check is the locks on the windows and balcony doors ours just slid open even when locked, I complained at reception and maintenance sorted it out within 10 minutes! Security boxes are 20euros p/w . One area we were not happy with was the fact that in a 2 week period we had one change of bed linen and towels, thats what the maid service consists of, nothing else, you are expected to clean the apartment yourself, if we had known this we probably would have looked elsewhere as you expect more from a 4 star resort!
The pool area was really nice with seperate kiddies pool and a very bored lifeguard as it was so quiet! Dont expect an infinity pool as it is camera trickery in the brochure but again the views are breathtaking. There is a pool bar and restaurant onsite which are average, definately worth driving to Puerto De La Duquesa or Sabanillas for a great choice of restaurants which were only about a 10 min drive.
The supermarket on site is a joke the nearest supermarket is Eroski which is about a 5min drive down the A7 (not open sundays), if you want a hypermarket try Carrefour just follow signs for Mcdonalds in Estepona and you wont miss it .
The complex makes a great base for visiting the area, Marbella, Puerto Banus and Gibraltar all in easy reach.
All things considered we had a great family holiday, the complex is perhaps a bit remote for some but as long as you have a car its fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amazing views of the Rock of Gibraltar. New stylish and spacious apartments Children and teenage clubs for 3 to 18 year olds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Pierre & Vacances, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pierre & Vacances Terrazas Costa del Sol Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pierre & Vacances Resort Terrazas Costa Del Sol Hotel Manilva
- Pierre And Vacances Resort Terrazas Costa Del Sol
- Village Hotel Manilva
- Village Resort Manilva
- Pierre & Vacances Terrazas Costa Del Sol Holiday Village Manilva, Spain