“Authentic Hong Kong cuisine” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dublin, Ireland
“Authentic Hong Kong cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Visiting this restaurant is a great introduction into an authentic Hong Kong cuisine. As we discovered it is noticeably different from a our perception of Chinese cuisine known across UK and Ireland. And the major difference is quality of the ingredients and outstanding skills of the Causeway Bay chef, who as we found out brought his standards to food directly from demanding Hong Kong customers.

In Causeway I tried a large number of dishes ranging from quite traditional to gourmet like lobsters and crabs… The flavors of every single dish are exceedingly distinctive and full bodied. It is important to add that the food is seasoned just perfectly to please even the most sensitive customers especially the elderly ones.

Also what I like about Causeway is that they offer a surprise menu. And all I have to do is to tell the chef my preferred main item i.e. prawns and he creates a dish specially for me!

So far we visited Causeway Bay probably a dozen times and I was not disappointed even once :)

Also the staff is very friendly. You, your family and friends will be well looked after.

I highly recommend Causeway Bay.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Great Hong Kong Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Found on the lower floor of Playa Flamenca Commercial Center this little restaurant is a real gem. If you are looking for Chinese or oriental food there are plenty of places to choose from in the area, and having tried them all this would be the only place that would inspire me to write a review. The food here really is authentic Hong Kong food and the owner "Walter" is an absolute gentleman and provides simply excellent service and will go that extra mile to make sure everything is perfect.

The food takes a little longer to get to the table which is understandable as everything is cooked fresh, to order and to your own particular taste. Not only that, but if you have a dish in mind thats not on the menu Walter is more than happy to get the chef to cook it for you.

Walter keeps his menu short and simple so as not to over-load the customer, so if you want something different don't be shy, just ask Walter for what you really fancy. I don't have that much knowledge of really local Hong Kong dishes so I often ask Walter to surprise me or recommend something I've never tried and I've never been disappointed. This also makes my evenings out a lot of fun. If you are a sea food lover you need to have a chat with Walter a day or 2 before you go and let him know what you want so he can buy it in fresh on the day. He does amazing things with crab, lobster etc.

Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
Alicante, Spain
“Authentic Hong Kong Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Exceptional value & quality. Menu is extensive and very different from usual Chinese food. For starters we shared Won ton & spring rolls followed by Scallops and lamb with leeks and ginger accompanied by fried rice. All were delicious and of the highest quality clearly all being cooked fresh. The lamb dish being of particular mention that I will have again on my next visit. House wine was well chilled and very palatable. Portions are large so we were unable to try the dessert menu on this occasion. Strongly recommended.

• Visited April 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We have had the pleasure of dining in Walter's restaurant many times now and each and every time the food has been exceptional. The best restaurant by far for genuine Hong Kong cuisine in Torrevieja and Orihuela Costa.

• Visited March 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

The owner rightly says he serves different Chinese food. He is from Hong Kong and can point out and explain anything on the menu you don't understand. He also makes his own deserts last night it was pear cheesecake. Very light with pieces of pear and not too sweet.
Starters we had yuk sung we see this in uk. This was tasty and contained a lot of chicken. Mains we took
a recommendation for a hot pot with beef this was very spicy and became spicer as it kept cooking on the heater. Black pepper chicken also spicy and sizzling. Chicken chow mein not like uk but a sizzling plate of crispy noodles with the chicken and sauce poured over and mixed through .
All in all a very tasty meal generous portions and reasonable prices,

1 Thank AngieSage