“Food overpriced - brusque service” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
UK
“Food overpriced - brusque service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

We knew that the overall cost of this restaurant was going to be high but as long as the food, service and ambience live up to it then we don't have a problem. We had a long lunch here in January. The setting is very pretty in a shaded but sunny garden overlooking the beach. The restaurant has a formal appearance in keeping with its prices. The food was variable, my wife had halibut and declared it delicious, I went for cherne, which we think is Bass, nobody seems quite sure! My initial starter of clams was over-seasoned and the cherne tasted just a bit too strongly fishy for my taste. I ate the same type of fish several times during the rest of the holiday but it never tasted as strong as in the meal I had here.
The front of house service was a bit formal and abrupt to the point of being brusque, a little pushy in getting us to order even though the restaurant was virtually empty.
All in all, if we had paid 25% less then I would have thought the meal experience worth it. We had many more restaurant meals during our 2 week stay in the area and this one was the most expensive by far and the least enjoyable. It was only the lovely sunshine and the pretty setting that rescued it.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

71% Recommend
Solihull, England
“Great Champagne”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

They had a good choice of champagne and served it at just the right temperature. The service was excellent but I made the mistake of having a steak rather than the fish. The cooking and the quality of the steak was so poor that I just had a couple of bites and left the rest. The sweet course and the coffee were very good as were the surroundings. I did not ask for a reduction in the bill and none was forthcoming.

Visited February 2011
“Could be so much better with a bit of effort”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011 via mobile

Visited on 10th Nov 2011... Initial impressions were that the menu was over priced in places (only 4 or so starters under €10, duck liver pate €17 - for a starter?????). Had a fillet steak (€18) which was cooked very well, but the chips were poor, ratatouille good though. Service was poor, nobody came and asked if the meal was ok and to put the icing on the cake we were charged €1.20 each for the bread roll that the waiter put on our plate, I have never been charged for bread anywhere else in the world. All in all over priced food and poor service. Lower your prices, employ some friendly staff and you will do so much better

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rome, Italy
“best paella of my life”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Pancho is a little restaurant just in front of the beach, where you can find real good local food.
The Paella I've taken with my boyfriend was very rich and good, the service good too, but maybe prices are quite high for Tenerife. It's not a touristic place at all...
We just stumpled on this restaurant but we're lucky..This was surely the best paella I've eaten in canary islands.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Barcelona, Spain
“Wonderful setting next to the beach with warm patio and great attention”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

Don't miss visiting Paco's place next to the beach - best at night with the tables outside enjoying the sea breeze.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere