Just arrived home after a weeks stay here and we had an amazing time!!
When we checked in we were greeted with a glass of cava...we emailed the hotel beforehand and asked for a room on the 5th floor as we had been recommended and thats where our room was (522) Gorgeous room, very clean and modern...but best of all AMAZING VIEWS!! The beds are the most comfy I have slept on abroad, there is also extra pillows and sheets if needed. There was a fridge in the room hidden in a cupboard..that when opened released the hottest air, it kept the drinks cool though. Bathroom is very clean and clean towels were given everyday. Apart from finding a cockroach one night it was a lovely room.
The food was lovely and probably the best all inclusive food we've had, plenty of selection at breakfast...the pastry selection was amazing especially the doughnuts. The only downside was that the only juice you could get was orange. I thought the lunch selection was better than the supper selection and sometimes struggled to find something I really fancied. We had to eat outside of the hotel twice...the first night, we were told the restaurant is open for us late arrivals, we wasnt expecting a 3 course meal but when we were greeted with a plate of prawns, cold meat and lettuce, we quickly decided to go elsewhere, we stumbled across the road to restaurant buffalo steak, and intended to have a takeaway pizza, but as everyone else from the bus came in after us we decided to sit down and eat it there bearing in mind this was 11-12 o clock at night. The second time was due to us missing out on an evening meal on the last night so we ate at the outside inn which is behind the two restaurants at the corner of the street. We went on a excursion to loro parqe (reviewed seperately) the hotel does not provide a packed lunch but will open a section of the restaurant early where they put on a small selection of fruit, pastries and toast.
The pool bar was a great place to relax and have a drink after supper, watching the sunset. The waiters dont stop! They are making drinks all the time and do a great job, if they see your glass empty they are there in a second to get you another. Check the bar menu to see which drinks you can get on all inclusive as there are other people at the hotel half board or bed and breakfast, there is a small selection of cocktails you can get but the rest you have to pay.
The entertainment was the worst I have EVER seen in any hotel. Around the pool in the day they try to get you involved but most of them hardly spoke english. They play the same songs over and over, it gets really annoying after a few hours. The night time entertainment didnt start until after 9 (which I find very late to start the mini disco) this would go on for about 5 songs then the 'show' would start. We stayed briefly for two of them, the barcelo international dance show (awful!!) we watched about 10 mins and left. Then we stayed for the latino pool party on monday where they had a group of singers....who sang the exact same songs that they play 50 times a day anyway around the pool. All the entertainment was over with by half 10 then there was no music at all...everything went dead quiet. We spent everynight of our holiday at the british bar across the road 'the courtyard' which i have reviewed seperately.
The pools are refreshing, we spent most of our time in the infinity pool as there wasnt any kids in there. The views are incredible around the pool as there are glass panels all around and you can see for miles! The sun loungers were not a problem, but we got up at half 8 to reserve ours, the problem was that other people feel the need to push theirs right next to yours so that your touching...one woman actually put her bed next to mine to share my umbrella (not even a gap inbetween us!) We also had someone steal our umbrella whilst at breakfast. Inflatables are not allowed in the pool but I think this depended on which lifeguard was on duty. There is a set of steps down to the sea but there was so many rocks we turned straight around.
The staff are very helpful and can speak very good english, theres even a english guy at reception. On the last day we were offered a choice of the spa shower or a courtesy room to shower in....I would advise you to get to reception as early as you can on that day to book your time as they were filling up fast!
I would highly recommend this hotel and would return
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Santiago**** hotel is situated in the most beautiful natural setting in the south of Tenerife, with unique views of the island of La Gomera and the Los Gigantes cliffs, and just 200 metres from the nearest beach. This unique and attractive hotel offers an extensive variety of facilities for a complete relaxation. Enjoy large and comfortable rooms with sea views, 3 swimming pools (one of them heated), as well as the spa. In addition, lovers of good food will enjoy the hotel's unique service and fabulous cuisine ranging from the most traditional to the most international of cooking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Barcelo, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Barcelo Santiago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Santiago Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Barcelo Hotel Santiago
- Barcelo Puerto De Santiago
- Barcelo Santiago Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago