Returned yesterday from a week here. Don't understand how some of the reviews on here are so horrendous! Is it the best/most modern hotel ever? No. Is it in need of some updating and cosmetic surgery to bring it out of the 80's? Yes. Did we let this interfere with our holiday? No. Why? Because we were on holiday! Why worry yourself with wonky light fittings and out of date photographs when you're in Tenerife for god's sake! Our room didn't have air-con so instead of moaning about it we rented a fan from reception. Problem solved. One of the wardobe doors was a little loose so we fixed it. Problem solved. I know you can argue that you shouldn't have to but if it means that your week won't be ruined then it's kind of worth it. I can definitely say it is NOT the filth covered insect infested hell hole that some reviews have portrayed. The only cockroach we saw was wandering along the pavement outside minding it's own business. Maybe we were lucky? Who knows.
It's a functional 3* hotel in Tenerife and if you go there expecting exactly that you won't be disapointed.
It was clean, friendly and in a stunning location. The staff were always approachable and helpful and as for people moaning about a 2 drink limit per person..seriously? This is to keep service flowing so people aren't waiting for ages at the bar while someone makes a 10 drink order (they would then complain about that as well) there are also polite signs at the bars explaining this.
Also never a shortage of loungers, if anything there were too many as loads were always left stacked up. Maybe this isn't the case during school holidays but it was last week.
There are a lot of birds around in the complex but to be fair it has a lot of trees in it and also serves food outside. Suppose people would complain about seagulls at the seaside as well eh?
My only let down was the variety of food but my husband had no complaints there so that obviously is just my taste and some random combination can always be made.....if you're a vegetarian however be prepared to eat a lot of salad and chips because there wasn't much else on offer suitable.
All in all we enjoyed our time there and found the place to be just what we expected, i'd consider staying there again if we returned to Santiago and would tell people to go and make their own minds up about it, you'll never please everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is located in Puerto Santiago, Tenerife, between los Gigantes and Playa de la Arena with fantastic sea wiews.The Hotel Globales Tamaimo Tropical consists of 46 comfortable studios, 286 apacious one-bedroom apartaments and 40 two-bedroom family apartaments for up to 6 people. At our hotel the guests can relax in our spacious and quiet solariums with free sun-beds or swim in one out 5 swimming pools ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Budget Places, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Globales Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Globales Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical Hotel
- Tamaimo Tropical Tenerife
- Aparthotel Tenerife Tropical
- Tamaimo Tenerife
- Globales Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago