A friend and I stayed here from 9th - 16th June. Upon arrival at around 10.30 pm we were told that as we had missed dinner they had left us some cold meats, rolls, salad and fruit in our apartment! A real bonus as we had expected we'd either have to go without or venture out somewhere. When we got to the apartment we were met with another Brucey bonus...our apartment was HUGE! We'd paid for a studio apartment but they had given us an apartment with a huge kitchen/living area and separate bedroom with balcony. The room was very clean and the cleaners (who were lovely) cleaned it daily. The hotel was really clean everywhere and there were always people hosing things down, emptying bins, etc. to keep it that way.
We were all inclusive and were not disappointed with the good as there was loads of choice. I think the people who say there wasn't any are just fussy eaters! There was lots of fish, pasta, chips, something for everyone. The only thing I would say is it is what you pay for - a buffet style restaurant that wants to get you in and out ASAP! Which meant that the seconda you'd finished your meal, the plate was gone and it didn't feel very relaxed! The Italian restaurant which you need to book in advance was fab! The food was absolutely gorgeous with lots if choices of pasta and pizzas, it's still buffet but there is more of a relaxed feel! We ventured out for dinner a couple of nights as we felt it'd be nice to be waited on! We found a lovely place called Restaurant Jardin, the meal and service here was really exceptional and I would really recommend it! The waiter couldn't do enough for us. It's in Lis Gigantes which is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel.
The entertainment was good and varied, we saw a magician and a snake man but we did venture out a couple of evenings too. There wasn't 't much nightlife in the area but we did find a club nearby which was good once we got our Beyonce requests on!!
The staff are lovely and friendly and really appreciate you at least trying to speak Spanish, I was really surprised at the number if people who don't bother!
The pool was lovely and there was always room for a swim bit I can imagine this could get cramped in peak season!
Well, to sum up, it was a great hotel, great staff, great food, great value for money..
- Also Known As:
- Globales Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical Hotel
- Globales Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Tamaimo Tropical
- Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical Hotel
- Tamaimo Tropical Tenerife
- Aparthotel Tenerife Tropical
- Tamaimo Tenerife
- Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical
- Globales Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This aparthotel has 372 apartments and is located in Puerto Santiago in Tenerife between Los Gigantes and the lovely beach known asPlaya de la Arena with impressive views.In the Globales Tamaimo Tropical Aparthotel enjoy and choose from the different kinds of accommodations, such as comfortable studio apartments, large 1-bedroom apartments or 2-room apartments - ideal for family holidays.In ouraparthotel relax in our spacious and peaceful solariums with free sun-lounger service or take warm dips in one of our 5 swimming pools (2 adult, 2 kiddie and 1 heated).Entertainment available from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm where the littlest ones to adults can enjoy unforgettable nights filled with fun, including our disco bar with professional night shows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Budget Places, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Globales Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.