Agree with Suddick - staff on Reception frosty! The chap was pk but the females looked down their noses at us and everyone else. We did ask to be moved as our room was so cold, getting no sun from morning to night and they obliged without quibble, however the rule about no towels on sunbeds was ignored, people out at 6am claiming the beds. Noisy aircon unit droning on all night (not the one in our room but the main motor). Outbreak of a virus in hotel, staff on reception said us Brits brought it over (said accusingly, hello who is the client here?) Had our wallet pickpocketed, Reception were not interested in helping with a call to Police Station (no-one at the station spoke spanish). Thomas Cook rep gave us an automated number which we learned had been out of action for 2 years, rep no help either. Watch your belongings in Los Christianos.Hotel prices for drinks and snacks at the pool astronomical. Food - we only had one meal, bland.So pleased we did not opt for all inclusive. However, San Francisco Restaurant (right out of reception 500 yards) excellent food and value for money. Leonardo the waiter so kind and helpful. Italian Pizza Restaurant San Remo, across the road and to the right up the steps - superb. Excellent Indian - Krishna's in Los Gigantes village, 12 minute walk past the natural pool sign or 3 euros in cab - great ambience and service, food just brilliant. Good music at Route 66 Bar (out of hotel and right - 400 yards). The Barcelo Santiago Hotel opposite the Tamaimo has beautiful pools and a lovely bar, for the price of a drink you can take a sunbed which looks over the sea through glass windbreaks - so relaxing - will stay in Barcelo next time around.
Look for ther sign to the Natural Pool and take a swim in it - just heavenly experience.
Bus 477 goes to Christianos and Americas (opposite hotel flight of steps, left at top and bus stop outside post office). Good chemist at top of steps too. Opposite P.O. shop on corner (looks like an off licence, sells bono tickets - 15 euros - just pop in machine on bus, save a fortune, costs 2.90 euros one way to Los Christianos - 4.30euros if you don't have the card. Take no notice of timetables, buses run roughly each hour, anyway who is in a hurry on holiday. Adeje market worth a look, if you take a free PAL trip, they actually stop off on market day and you have free time to look around. You go to the mountains on this trip, they give you a presentation on merino wool lasts 45mins and must admit very interesting asnd entertaining (plus a few glasses of bubbly) with no pressure whatsoever to buy anything- a brilliant trip for free. Couple next to us took the trip 3 times!
Lastly, took a Jeep Safari to La Gomera, Mon & Thursday's, full day including lunch 83 euros very well spent if you get Franky (full name Jose Francesco) as your guide. Such a fabulous fun day out. Bought the DVD which filmed us all day, a great momento and delivered to our hotel. Played it wehen we got home, excellent quality. This trip can only be booked at the Thomas Cook desk in corner of Reception, but the best way to visit Gomera Island as the Jeeps can go where the coach cannot. All other travel agencies offer the trip but only by coach.
To be honest, the best thing about the Tamaimo Tropical is the solarium on the 5th floor, but no-one tells you about it?! It is hidden among the room entrances, just look for small brass plaque. The gardens by the wishing well are quite lovely too.Would not stay here again, but you do get what you pay for - £450 each all in with flight and 1 bed s/c apartment for 2 weeks. If you go here do not stay in the rooms near the ice hockey machine and 2 table tennis tables, the kids play on them until whatever time they like and the noise is horrendus!
- Also Known As:
- Globales Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical Hotel
- Globales Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Tamaimo Tropical
- Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical Hotel
- Tamaimo Tropical Tenerife
- Aparthotel Tenerife Tropical
- Tamaimo Tenerife
- Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical
- Globales Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This aparthotel has 372 apartments and is located in Puerto Santiago in Tenerife between Los Gigantes and the lovely beach known asPlaya de la Arena with impressive views.In the Globales Tamaimo Tropical Aparthotel enjoy and choose from the different kinds of accommodations, such as comfortable studio apartments, large 1-bedroom apartments or 2-room apartments - ideal for family holidays.In ouraparthotel relax in our spacious and peaceful solariums with free sun-lounger service or take warm dips in one of our 5 swimming pools (2 adult, 2 kiddie and 1 heated).Entertainment available from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm where the littlest ones to adults can enjoy unforgettable nights filled with fun, including our disco bar with professional night shows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Budget Places, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Globales Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.