Stayed here for one week 7 – 14th January on half board. I have to say it grew on me but I did find it a bit strange to begin with – probably because the apartments are more suited to self catering with a kitchenette, two rings, microwave, fridge. It didn’t have a kettle but housekeeping brought us one plus an extra pillow on request.
Spacious apartment (466) with separate bedroom. Balcony okay (with clothes dryer on it). Bathroom had a bath with shower over and a hairdryer (or rather a hair blower). Rather scruffy – seen better days - but fine to use. Beds quite comfortable. Towels okay.
Our room overlooked the quieter pool but unfortunately the room did not get any sun at all during the day, you need to be on the other side (over by the pool bar) to get the sun. We only sat by the quiet pool, lots of sunbeds available although a lot of them do not have backs. This pool was not heated so very cold.
The bigger pool was quite crowded but this is the one that is heated (at least I think it is).
Free wi-fi in the lobby which was a nice place to sit. You can pay for their premium wi-fi which I presume meant you could use it in your room but sorry, didn’t ask how much this was.
The food was okay but only okay in my opinion. Different salad dishes and a number of hot dishes each night. I say hot, they were not really hot (are any of these buffets?) but there is a microwave if you wish to heat something up a bit more! A number of desserts to choose from but I found them all a bit bland. No cooking stations, not even at breakfast.
We did not sample any entertainment.
All in all it was about what we expect from a 3 Star. You do get what you pay for and this was relatively ‘cheap’ when compared to the 4 Star hotel prices. I wouldn’t go back – the area was a bit too hilly for me – but if I did I would pay more and go elsewhere! (or at least would only go self catering here).
- Also Known As:
- Globales Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical Hotel
- Globales Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Tamaimo Tropical
- Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical Hotel
- Tamaimo Tropical Tenerife
- Aparthotel Tenerife Tropical
- Tamaimo Tenerife
- Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical
- Globales Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This aparthotel has 372 apartments and is located in Puerto Santiago in Tenerife between Los Gigantes and the lovely beach known asPlaya de la Arena with impressive views.In the Globales Tamaimo Tropical Aparthotel enjoy and choose from the different kinds of accommodations, such as comfortable studio apartments, large 1-bedroom apartments or 2-room apartments - ideal for family holidays.In ouraparthotel relax in our spacious and peaceful solariums with free sun-lounger service or take warm dips in one of our 5 swimming pools (2 adult, 2 kiddie and 1 heated).Entertainment available from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm where the littlest ones to adults can enjoy unforgettable nights filled with fun, including our disco bar with professional night shows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Budget Places, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Globales Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.