“Friendly, Welcoming Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Be Live Playa La Arena

Save Saved
You added Be Live Playa La Arena to your Saves list
Be Live Playa La Arena
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Calle Lajial 4 | Playa de la Arena, 38683 Puerto de Santiago, Tenerife, Spain   |
“Friendly, Welcoming Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Have just spent the week here and have to say has been the best hotel I have stayed in. The hotel was immaculate clean and the reception staff friendly and welcoming. We arrived late and the reception staff gave us our bands and let us have dinner before going back and checking in properly. As other reviewer have said. Dinner has plenty but if your are fussy about what you eat then I would suggest walking around the dining hall a good couple of times before making your decision on what to have for dinner. It also pays to wait as the chefs are always bring out fresh food platters. We paid for the upgrade to have a pool/seaview and have to say was worth every penny and the maid was great. Our room was made up every day whether we put sign out asking for it or not.
Overall a relaxing and enjoyable holiday and wouldn't hesitate to return

1,672 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

hi there just returned from a week stay at playa la arena, all as i can say is that i am unhappy at the fact that the hotel aims to help the french more than anything giving them different coloured wrist bands to everyone else so that they can stand out from the rest, the majority of the anamacion team are french, they let them get 1st seats in music bar and allow children to stay behind after mini disco so they can play and dance which is unfair on other kids really. when we arrived we opened the balcony door and got hit by a building site across the road so my 1st reaction was i didnt wana be here so asked to change room which we had to pay €70 FOR. when we finally got settled in we took our little girl for food at the snack bar where we found that the food was being eaten by birds also, have pics to prove it! the scenery and pool area id beautiful but would definately not be returning to this hotel again!!!

wigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

This is my third visit to this hotel and probably my last.
The food is shocking it is repetitive and unless you are prepared to eat a carved up giant beast on show every night, you will end up filling up on rubbish.
Salads were ok which is what I normally eat but didn't have the usual little fish to go with it.
My dad had to fill up on chips and nuggets one night and that sums it all up really. We ate out of an evening twice which I love to do but defeats the AI option.
They have theme nights but only change one or two dishes. I have stayed in many hotels throughout the world and this food is very bad. Omelettes at breakfast the best thing.
The wine is undrinkable, normal sangria larger, spirits on offer.
The staffs attitudes have improved slightly, but still make you feel like you are asking for free drinks, restaurant staff were great.
This hotel has a French centred animation team who only approach the French who strangely have red wristbands different to everyone else.
The evening entertainment needs looking at, the hotel needs to spend more money on outside acts because watching the animation team put different colours of clothes on and dancing around for an hour calling it "Around the World" show isn't my idea of an evening show, not their fault though.
The hotel is clean, rooms and corridors need a refurb, it is a big shame really as this hotel is good for all ages and could be excellent.
Water slide is good but should be open longer when it's busy and sunny.
Impressive reception and back entrance, with cascading waterfall.
Maid was lovely and helped with our ant problem, lovely view from room, pay for sea view it is worth it.
This hotel has the facilities to be 5 star but I am afraid it's slipped to a 3 star.
My last and final moan is, inflatables in the pool, different lifeguards have different rules, if the rule is no inflatables do not sell them in the hotel shop then, another lifeguard stopped us using it when the aqua aerobics was on which is fine by me it's manners.
The poolside snack bar was good, food ok, Eva the two Isabels are lovely, they get to know ur drinks and have them ready.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Just returned from a one week stay with my family including and our two 6 & 8 year olds. It wasn't the worse week but far from the best and wouldn't be returning. Good points - 2 lovely pools, lots of sunbeds, good entertainment in the day, waterslide for the kids, kids club and activities, decent breakfast, weather was amazing for mid April. Bad points - terribly uncomfortable beds (could hear and feel springs pinging and moving every time we moved), breakfast was ok, best thing was the freshly cooked omelettes, variety of English and continental food but everything is swimming in oil, the bacon streaky and turkey were literally bathing in the stuff. You can upgrade to premium spirits for €6 aday but didn't bother as I drink wine. The wine out of the tap believe or not was ok and tasted similar to vina sol, the wine in the restaurant was decent and drinkable but they served different wine in the bar where the entertainment was in the evening and it honestly tasted so bad and smelt like "sick" in a glass, the piano bar was no better and smelt like "feet" in a glass. I'm not asking for top notch but something similar to Pinot Grigio or Vino Sol would be nice but the wine in the bar was undrinkable and despite me asking why the bar couldn't serve the same wine as restaurant the shirty barman argued with me and said not possible. Some staff are friendly and nice but 2 or 3 had terrible attitudes, when my husband asked the waitress for the salt and pepper back so I could use it, as she swiped it off the table as she walked past she looked at him with daggers, slapped it back on the table gave us both a dirty look and walked off. The restaurant would have a theme everynight - basically changing one dish paella for Spanish (despite them cooking that everynight) hamburgers for American night which were half decent, oriental night was the worse which they served the worse and most disgusting looking and tasting sushi I have ever seen. We visited Siam Park (the water park which was brilliant) and the food was better there than at the hotel. Also no inflatable kids toys in the kids pool, I can understand it if there was only one pool, as there where two pools and one for a quiet pool/ for adults, why couldn't the kids be allowed inflatable toys in their pool. If you are used to open coil beds and greasy food then you will like it, if you're not find another hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hertford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My first all inclusive stay anywhere - it was ok, the food was plentyfull and tasty, this is not a goutmet experience but a large hotel catering three times a day for 700/800 plus guests. i got into though and enjoyed the three hourly buffet sittings where i could help myself to as little or as much as i needed. it was great for my son who made several friends his age, he could help himself to food and drinks whenever he wanted to allowing me to unwind by the pool and read my book. the pool was lovely and there were always enough sun loungers and i never felt cramped in or overcrowded. the room was clean a little dated but more than adaquate. it was lovely and quite there at night no late night disco music spoiling the sound of the waves just over the road, i slept very well the entire time.

Would i go again, not sure, it is such a lazY holiday and easy to do nothing but eat and drink which sounds good but can be a bit boring. kids liked it though and i didnt have to do a thing.

Also on the way back our bus to the airport stopped at several other hotels for pick ups and i have to say our hotel was by far a much superior looking hotel in everway.

the weather was superb

Room Tip: my room was facing away from the pool, not as good a view but pleasant enough and lovely and quiet a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

we stayed at the be live play may 2012 we had two weeks in this beautiful hotel accommodation was spacious and clean we had a beautiful sea view, pool area and pool very clean plenty sunbeds, food was very good and a good variety, nice beach just across the road obviously volcanic sand small amount of shops in the village, could be a little to quiet for some people would say not good for children as was not allowed to go in pool with inflatables drinks was fine staff very polite and helpful overall we had a fantastic holiday and would reccommend this hotel if you want a quiet and chilled holiday entertainment could have been better but not to be put off !!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I was with a family friendly hotel is good and beautiful, but beware of dealers by someone selling a hotel! as I paid card I bought souvenirs. when we come home the money began to disappear after 100 pound.after month gone 400pound. went to the bank that this is fraud! Be very careful not buy the card

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Be Live Playa La Arena? Share your experiences!