“sunset to la gomera” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
South Shields, United Kingdom
“sunset to la gomera”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

views to droll over.....not to mention the food n service....you miss you die 4 not going......beso beso....

Visited September 2013

• Polish first
Whitley Bay, England
“Never go back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We enjoyed this restaurant last year so we made a return visit even though its expensive. I see an earlier review commented on the undercooked meat, that was also my experience. I would have liked to have sent it back but the service was so poor that I had to take it back to the kitchen myself twice before it was barely edible. They didn't give us the advertised meal. My wife and I ordered different dishes that were supposed to have different types of potatoes but they both arrived the same and didn't seem to be either of the ones specified. By the time my meal came back for the second time the vegetables I had paid extra for we're cold, but clearly not a concern for the staff! The final straw was to be asked if we wanted a dessert but then told the only thing we wanted was off. Please only use this place if you like to pay over £50 per couple for a single course, delivered undercooked by disinterested staff.

Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“AMAZING FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My family and I ate here twice while staying in Puerto Santiago just down the road and it was fabulous! Both the times i had steak which was absolutely delicious however one of the times the steak wasn't cooked enough for me as i like my steak well done, so i said to the waiter who was very poliete, he apologised and took my plate out to the chef who made me a whole new dish with new mash and everything which i had already eaten before he had taken it out!
The dessert was lovely aswell both dinner and the dessert was presented beautifully!
We also stayed here for drinks some nights which was also made perfectly !
As concerns to the scenery well it was something else i mean wow, situated right by the sea, the restaurant had big glass windows so you can see the sun setting while you're eating your food, its beautiful i was blown away.
The restaurant is quite expensive , but you definitely get what you pay for here!
Staff are polite and friendly
I recommend this restaurant 100%

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Corby
“Great food, amazing location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had a family meal here on the last night of our holiday it was well worth it! The food is very good, along the lines of a formal French restaurant (without the overly fussy service). We ordered Steaks, Pork Cheeks (they were great!), Stuffed Chicken Breast and Rack of Lamb as our Mains, accompanied with a selection of vegetables, all were good quality and well cooked. My wife's Lamb was a bit rarer than she liked so it was taken back and re-cooked, no fuss or drama, my wife was very happy with it. We also had desserts that were polished off, though some options were not up to the consistent standard of the Mains. The other major plus for the restaurant is it's location, right next to the seashore (near the Barcelo Santiago Hotel) with a perfect view of the sunset over La Gomera, it was stunning! Well worth a visit, but a cut above the quality of most local restaurants in the area.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
England
“Perfect setting & amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

After seeing the comments on this site we decided to try this restaurant for my partner's birthday treat. What a delightful setting to watch the sun go down with a jug of very tasty sangria. The food was very very good. The fillet steak was cooked perfectly & a very decent sized portion. The stuffed chicken legs so moist & tender. Staff are attentive but unobtrusive. The restaurant had a nice buzz on the evening we went & we just wish we had more days left in our holiday as we would definitely ave returned for lunch.

• Visited July 2013