“Las Rosas villa no. 45” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Las Rosas Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto de Santiago
Las Rosas Apartments
You added Las Rosas Apartments to your Saves list
Calle las Rosas, 2 | Los Gigantes, 38683 Puerto de Santiago, Tenerife, Spain   |
Yorkshire
“Las Rosas villa no. 45”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

I do not normally write reviews but Las Rosas was so good, I have made the effort.

The view from our villa's terrace was stunning: a wide expanse of clear blue sea edged by giant cliffs and colourful flowers. The atmosphere on site was relaxed with a bar overlooking a large pool and good quality loungers. The manager was friendly and helpful (when our DVD player didn't work he arranged for it to be replaced quickly; and he also confirmed our transfer home for us) and it was only a short walk to restaurants (a bit quiet for me but that's just my personal taste) and the supermarket.

There was a full time lifeguard who, however, was very strict and I do not think we got our safe deposit back but these are minor niggles and I do not wish to detract from the overall very positive experience.

Finally I should mention the very best part which is the natural sea pool (signed natural piscine) which is a very short walk away and was almost visible from our terrace. Do not miss going down there when it is high tide to see the waves crash into the naturally formed sea pool. Spray and foam high and ferocious! My husband and son stood on the wall (you would never be allowed to do it in England because of safety) and enjoyed the exhilaration of the waves knocking them off into the frothing pool. If you prefer a more sedate experience go at low tide and just swim in the pool which is then calm.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view - there are lots.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
WimPen, Owner at Las Rosas Apartments, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for your comments and taking the time to make them. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us so much that you had to leave a review. The natural sea pool is always worth a trip / swim.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ripon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011 via mobile

Once again Las Rosas did not disappoint. After many visits(not as time share) we have enjoyed two relaxing hot weeks.
It has to be said though that some of the evenings entertainers are coming to the end if their sell by date, but others are very good.

• Stayed September 2011
WimPen, Owner at Las Rosas Apartments, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Dear Guest, Thank you for your comments and we are pleased you enjoyed your return visit to Las Rosas and that it was sunny for you.
carrickfergus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

If you dislike all the things usually associated with time share venues check out this superb low rise group of villas with the emphasis on quiet,relaxing wellbeing.Everything about this place is the tops from food to staff to care and attention.Away from all the noisy commercial areas where you can really relax and anjoy a lovely time amongst a friendly welcoming clientele who will be friends very soon.

Room Tip: ask for a villa with a view of the fantastic cliffs
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you for your comments and we are pleased you enjoyed a relaxing break with us.
Hitchin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

We stayed at Las Rosas between the 9th August and 23rd August 2011 via RCI. As you would expect the weather in August was ‘Scorchio’ every day.

I normally never get around to writing online reviews, but decided on this occasion that the resort deserved the effort.

The Villa we stayed in was of a very good standard, lots of space split over four levels.
Only real issues were no double bed and the security box required a key as opposed to a PIN number. Air conditioning is currently being fitted to the Villas. The balcony provided a fantastic sea view.

The staff and other families were all very friendly with a lot of families returning year on year.

Las Rosas is in an excellent quiet location with easy down hill access to many restaurants, the harbour (water sports and boat trips available) and a couple of black sand beaches (as anyone mentioned it’s hilly? Oh yes indeed!). Walk down and then taxi back for 3 euro.

The pool area was very pleasant with the use of balls and inflatables allowed during certain times of the day.

Overall we all had a lovely relaxing holiday and would thoroughly recommend Las Rosas.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
WimPen, Owner at Las Rosas Apartments, responded to this review, September 1, 2011
Dear Guest. Thank you for your comments and taking the time out to make them. I am pleased that you found the villa met your expectations and you had an enjoyable stay. The Air Con is only on trial in one villa. The outcome of the trial will determine if the villas are fitted throughout.
Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at Las Rosas apartments at Puerto de Santiago near Los Gigantes in Tenerife for 1 week in August 2011. We were using one of my parents timeshare exchange weeks so we were not paying much for the apartment which was good. We arrived and were given our key and directions to our room. We were advised that we had to pay a deposit of 10 euro for each pool towel. I've never had to pay this before. In other resorts we have been to we've been given a card and if you don't return the card at the end of your trip you are charged.

We arrived at our room to find the bathroom stinking of sewage. Nice! My husband is involved in the construction business and worked out that once you flushed the toilet you had to run all the taps in the bathroom to refill the U-bends and minimise the smell. Bleach and air freshener were a must.

Then we discovered you needed a key for the safe in the room. You'd have thought in this day and age they would have an electric one. No one mentioned this when we arrived so we had to go back to reception to get a key at a cost of I think 9 euro for the key and a 20 euro deposit. We were beginning to get the idea that you needed a deposit to do anything.

The general furnishings in the apartment were nice. 2 single beds which were not very comfortable and who on earth wants to sleep in single beds. The apartment had a washing machine that broke. No AIR CON! We could not believe that they only had ceiling fans.

The apartment was mean to be cleaned during our stay but all they did was change the beds and towels once. They didn't even sweep the floors and I'm not sure when the balcony had last been cleaned.

The external areas are all well kept but there were a LOT of noisy children, teenagers and families at the pool so we tended to avoid it where ever possible.

From what I saw the entertainment at night wasn't great. The bar though was quite reasonably priced with a good choice of drinks. We didn't eat in the restaurant on site so I can't comment. The mini market on site was dire. Thankfully there was a well stocked supermarket only minutes away.

Our overall impression of the staff was that they were very helpful. I wish I hadn't filled in the comment form until after we'd checked out though. On our last day I went to reception to check out. I handed over our 2 room keys and the safe key expecting to be given my 20 euro deposit. The lady dealing with me finished checking me out them moved onto doing something else. I then had to ask for my deposit and was faced with a somewhat unhappy face. They clearly intended to keep it. I was informed I needed my receipt to get the deposit back. Thankfully I had the receipt to hand but could not believe how difficult this was made. They should have offered me my deposit when they were given the key. A receipt is irrelevant. If I had lost the key but went back with my receipt I suspect they would not have given me my deposit!

The final problem was 2 days before our last day I completed a "flight info" form and gave it to reception. I discussed getting a taxi from the resort back to the airport. They seemed to be pushing for us to get a mini bus for 20 euro less but we were keen not to chance ending up in a mini bus for 45 min with loud obnoxious adults and children. We discussed times etc. I was under the impression that they were organising the taxi as she specifically wrote down the time for the taxi and said she'd organise it. 30 minutes before we were due to be picked up and low and behold they hadn't organised one. Apparently I would have had a receipt and, wait for it paid a 5 euro deposit if they had! I couldn't believe it another deposit.

All in all we did have a nice holiday. The area is quite nice. A lot of horrid British/Irish bars but if you can avoid them you can find some lovely tapas food and local canarian restaurants. I definitely would not stay at Las Rosas again though. I cannot believe it is mean to have a gold star. Cheap holiday but nothing special.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
WimPen, Owner at Las Rosas Apartments, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Dear Guest. Thank you for your comments. Deposits on various items at the resort are a necessity as many guests accidently dont return towels, keys etc. The deposits help to remind guests to return items or cover the costs of replacement. The manual system works well and therefore the costly upgrade to a card system is not justified. If you had reported any problems with the bathroom/washing machine to reception then maintenance could have attended to any problems. Sadly you did not. The safes are operated by key rather than electronic keyboard. Again if the safes are in perfect working order there is no justification for the cost of new ones. Most resorts / hotels and guests prefer twin rooms. This elimates any problems for guests who are not couples. The resort is not advertised with Air Con. Las Rosas is a family resort and therefore children making noise whilst having fun is to be expected during the school holidays. The staff at reception are hard working and long time trustworthy staff who have nothing to gain from the non return of a deposit as it is not kept by the individual. We are pleased at the end you enjoyed your holiday but perhaps you would be better served travelling outside the school holiday periods.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

Beautiful villas, fabulous pool, bar and restaurant, friendly staff. Fantasic. Will definiately be going back again. Lovely harbour just a short walk with lots more lovely bars and restaurants there and on the walk down.

Room Tip: All lovely
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest. Thank you for your comments and we are pleased you enjoyed your recent holiday. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011 via mobile

Plenty of steps, hills to master here. Good state of maintenance, most apartments have fans not air con. Rooms have 1 tv,DVD player, no built in which would have been nice. 2 supermarkets close by.

Staff appear busy sorting out niggles from guests, kettles not working, fans noisy, pool turning clothes green.... Usual stuff.

Booked 2 weeks via RCI and had to move rooms after a week. This was a drag, especially as both rooms appeared vacant for both weeks... Why the hassle.

Guests appear relaxed.

Good view of the sunset in the evenings from the Bar.

Pool has a life guard and appears active in keeping kids in line!

• Stayed July 2011
WimPen, Owner at Las Rosas Apartments, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Dear RCI member. Thank you for your review. Las Rosas and the surrounding area does indeed have plenty of steps and hills to keep you fit. These hills are what give this area its spectacular scenery of the Los Gigantes cliffs. RCI Guests are allocated into the villas which are available via the agent RCI. If villas appear vacant it doesnt mean that RCI guests have the right to occupy. The owners of the weeks may not wish for the week to be occupied. Therefore a change of villa may be required and you would have been notified of this on your RCI Confirmation documents. The resort always try to allocate guests into the same unit for two week periods as not only is this preferable for the guest but also for housekeeping.

Been to Las Rosas Apartments? Share your experiences!