I thought I shall put in some of our experience in TA concerning our stay in Costas Los Gigantes. I booked this as a last minute holiday and First Choice had sold out. I booked via Luabay website for hotel stay and easy jet. I had to look at various forums to get a feel for the place and so I post this to help others like me. There is no proper website for the hotel if I am not mistaken
1. To start with - OK for 4 star and note is about 40 minutes from South tenerife airport.
2. Reasonably clean
3. It's huge - almost like an travel industry. Generally courteous staff, but don't expect very personal service
4. Restaurant was clean , some flies occasionally, but so was the case in Tenerife airport !
5. I liked the quality of food and the variety. My children started moaning after few days, although there was some repetition, the food was varied and seem to have some theme on a daily basis. There were reports of uncooked food TA, but did not seem to be tha case now. In one corner, there is a hot food freshly prepared and served.
6. On top of your usual buffet, we were given 3 choices - Mexican, Italian and grill bar. Make use of these, the Mexican and Italian food was very good. This is all part of all inclusive,you can leave a tip if you feel like.. Make sure you book ASAP - we checked in on Friday and the earliest booking available was Thursday. I think you need to stay for at least 5 or may be 7 days to qualify.
7. The resort is aimed for family/ children and there will be loads of children. Seem to attract a decent crowd, many Brits and other European countries. Unfortunately the most unruly ones are the Brits acting as though they own the place. Made me cringe many a times..
8. Evening entertainment was kind of basic , but okay
9. Went scuba diving. Good service @ Riaanans dive centre down at the hill from the resort. 65 euros will pick and drop at hotel
10. We also went to aqua land , but SIAM PARk would have been better - looked more posh and there is a bus service from the hotel.
11. I feel the best rooms are in C block, they are 16 euros more , but close to quite pool and snack bar which serves barbecued meat everyday between 12.30 and 3 or so.. It's open however from 10 to 5 and always had some hot snacks, beer, hot/ cold drinks. Saying that - K, L and M blocks are also good if you want to be opposite the other louder pools and has the advantage of better drink bar which serves more than beer unlike the one in quiet bar - but no snacks!
12. Truly all inclusive - except for high end alcoholic beverages which were again not very costly
13.On the whole a good place for an all inclusive holiday with Kids - about 5-6 days seem to be the right amount of time.
14. Walk down the hill to the 'main street' , there are many shops. About 10 minutes from the resort, but its a good climb uphill takes about 20 minutes. Shops in the street are cheaper than the one within the resort
15. Make sure you use the complimentary SPA ticket - worth a visit
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be Live Family Costa Los Gigantes has been designed down to the smallest detail for familes and couples wishing to spend their holidays in an incomparable location, enjoying our excellent facilities to the full. Superbly located in Tenerife South, it enjoys spectacular views over to the island of La Gomera and the Lod Gigantes cliff. 500 Meters away from Plaua La Arena beach. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Be Live Family Costa los Gigantes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luabay Costa Los Gigantes Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Costa Los Gigantes Hotel
- Be Live Family Costa Los Gigantes Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago