I too saw some negative views but chose to ignore them as some people are never satisfied. I'm so glad I did as the Hotel was great. The food was great, yes some things were repeated but there were the basics that everyone including the fussy should like. For those of us more adventurous and willing to try something new there was a great choice. There was a towel service which was great as you didn't have to stick with smelly towels all week and each sun bed had a mattress.
Loads to do for the kids, older ones too. The staff were always friendly and courteous and we found the hotel clean and in good condition.
Travelling with my partner and daughter we expected to be changing in the bathroom but the bedroom set up was great. There was a separate bedroom for us and the sofa bed was in a living space with its own door so essentially we had two bedrooms which was perfect. Both areas were spacious not cramped and the bathroom was a good size too. Plenty of hot water the whole time and pressure behind the shower was really good.
The Hotel operates a bus service into Los Cristianos and to Siam Park for just 4 euros return for an adult which is an excellent price. Just one pick up time going and coming back so be careful if you miss it back as a taxi I believe is about 35 euros.
Los Gigantes is a nice walk mainly down hill but hot if done at mid-day. Its quite a climb back up in the heat so be prepared and take taxi fare with you for the return. Only about 3 - 3.30 euros whilst we were there. Make sure you take some bread with you to feed the fish as they are great to watch.
Only real fault was some of the locks and hand dryers in the gents and ladies loos around the complex were not working.
We had a great holiday, hope you do to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be Live Family Costa Los Gigantes has been designed down to the smallest detail for familes and couples wishing to spend their holidays in an incomparable location, enjoying our excellent facilities to the full. Superbly located in Tenerife South, it enjoys spectacular views over to the island of La Gomera and the Lod Gigantes cliff. 500 Meters away from Plaua La Arena beach. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Be Live Family Costa los Gigantes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luabay Costa Los Gigantes Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Costa Los Gigantes Hotel
- Be Live Family Costa Los Gigantes Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago