We stayed in the hotel for a week beginning av november 2012. This is the biggest hotel I have been to. The general idea here is to spend most of your holiday time at the hotel premises. For several reasons. And that is OK if you are looking for lazy days at the poolside. Staff is very friendly and helpful, especially outside the restaurants, but the "work flow" arrangements at the reception is quirky and there are often queues there. The hotel's low rise makes it kind of spread out, from our room to the reception there was a 5 minute walk. The restaurants are big and do not have any noise reductions in the ceilings or on the walls, which makes it difficult to talk to someone more than 2m away. The quality of the foods served varies, there is something good on the table every meal, but you have to look carefully, most dishes are rather tasteless. The "all-inclusive" wines are not recommended. at all. The a la carte wine menu is very limited, but there are one or two red wines that are OK. Beer is lager and OK. The beaches are a 10-minute walk from the hotel, small and sensitive to strong (not very strong at all compared to European standards) winds. Big and rather nasty waves can make it fun if you are old enough, but a little tricky to go swimming. The hotel swimming pools are big and popular. They are filled with salt water. There are many activities for children, a few of them you have to book well in advance. The car rental service is great, premiere auto holidays, but allow at least 30 minutes to wait for your car and complete the paper work. All in all, I would say that this is a good hotel if your children are under 10 and you enjoy life at the pool-side. It's a no-frills four-star hotel. There are definitely room for future improvements.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It has been designed down to the smallest detail for familes and couples wishing to spend their holidays in an incomparable location, enjoying our excellent facilities to the full. Our 1800m2 spa will help you to wind down and if you’re coming with the family, you couldn’t do better; our suites with independent lounge are all you could ever ask for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, HotelsClick, Despegar.com, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Luabay Costa Los Gigantes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luabay Costa Los Gigantes Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Costa Los Gigantes Hotel
- Luabay Costa Los Gigantes Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago