We have just come back today from a nice holiday, were gutted to end up leaving almost a day earlier than we thought (our mistake)! The food was plentiful and lots of choice - we also tried the Mexican and Italian restaurants - both nice and make a nice change from the main restaurant. We ate for England on our all inclusive package and the diet must start tomorrow!!
We have a 1.5yr old and 2.5 yr old creating havoc! The reception staff were friendly and very accommodating of them! As were the other waiters and cleaners - all fussing over them and the kids can now speak a little Spanish! Both kids went in the crèche 2hrs most afternoons and on a couple of evenings, they seemed to enjoy it, happy with the First Choice team, always said hello to the kids outside crèche times. The entertainment generally (either First Choice or Luabay organised) was good - bouncy castle one evening, kids disco, Beatles tribute etc, local singer in bar etc. Much better than other AI resorts I have stayed at. This place is child friendly and our two were often dancing in the bar areas with other Spanish and English children.
The pools were great fun (quiet pool recommended for younger children as there tends to be activities in main pool). Plenty of sunbeds available for late risers like us! Hotel very clean, rooms cleaned daily etc and black out curtains...:-). Spa circuit worth a visit! We also had some treatments and were pleased with them.
Hired a car for few days - better sandy beaches in Las Americas which was short drive away. The hotel does run a bus service tho so hiring car not necessary.
One final piece of info, subject to leaving a deposit, you can use First Choice towels for pool so no need to pack any. Saves that all important luggage space!!
Enjoy your holidays!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It has been designed down to the smallest detail for familes and couples wishing to spend their holidays in an incomparable location, enjoying our excellent facilities to the full. Our 1800m2 spa will help you to wind down and if you’re coming with the family, you couldn’t do better; our suites with independent lounge are all you could ever ask for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Luabay Costa Los Gigantes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luabay Costa Los Gigantes Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Costa Los Gigantes Hotel
- Luabay Costa Los Gigantes Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago