We have just returned after a really relaxing break at this magnificent hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone at this time of year, but would definately recommend to families with young children as there is so much for the little ones to do:
+ Beautiful surroundings which are kept clean at all times. Botanic feel to the whole hotel
+ The layout is superb with gorgeous swimming pools (a quiet pool where the snack bar is situated; two busier pools with music and activities; one of which is heated, one smaller pool with a slide which was open from 12.00 til 13.00 and also for an hour in the afternoon, two paddling pools)
+ Penty of loungers with mattresses. We spent our time at the quiet pool and on a couple of days had a whole row of loungers to ourselves
+ Help yourself to soft drinks, tea/coffee, beer, wine and sangria at both pools, and one bar open all day until midnight. Good quality soft and alcoholic drinks
+ The mini bar service was fantastic. This was restocked once per day with two Amstel beers, coca-cola and a large bottle of water
+ Breakfast was good; a large selection of all sorts (cereal, fruit, yogurts, breads, pastries, eggs, omelettes etc)
+ The rooms are fabulous. A bedroom and a living room (I presume that the bed settee would indicate this would become a second bedroom if travelling with children. A large flat screen TV in each room. We had two balconies with a panoramic view of the sea and the Island of Gomera.
+ The weather was amazing - on My First Choice page it indicated about 15 degrees celcius, but it was much, much warmer than that and we had to buy additional sun tan cream to cope!
+ Great facilites - tennis court, football pitch, crazy golf, high ropes (for adults and a lower zip wire for children), spa, buffet restaurant and three themed restaurant, children's clubs, daily and evening activities shown on a large display on the second floor by the buffet restaurant, range of bars, evening entertainment, kids disco and cinema, adult disco etc......)
+ Very relaxing during the day
+ The two villages near by (Playa La Arean and Los Gigantes are nearby and both are worth visiting)
- We found the food in the buffet restaurant disappointing, the layout made it difficult to find what you wanted. I am a vegetarian and thought the choice was very limited. We also have experienced better AI snack bars (the choice everyday was typically chips, hotdogs, burgers, nuggets and salad with cheese and ham). The food was also cold in the snack bar
- The bed was too hard for my partner and he did not sleep well as a result (I was fine Zzzzzzzz)
HHHH's (Hopefully, helpful, handy, hints):
* We emailed the hotel a couple of weeks before coming to say we wanted a higher level room (the highest you can go is three). The emailed back within minutes and our request had been accommodated when we got their
* When re-stocking the mini-bar they will only replace what you have drank. We hid any cans or water we had not had so that we got a 'full stock' each day
* Take a travel kettle as there are no tea or coffee making facilities
* On the advice of another reviewer my partner took plastic pint pots with him (the plastic glasses at the pool are very small!!!). Some very green eyed monsters to be seen when he was walking away with a pint of lager!!
* The nearest cash point is in Playa La Arena. Use the back entrance to the hotel (this is near the crazy golf and playground), turn right and follow the hill down. When you get to the bottom turn right crossing the road. You should find a couple of restaurants and the Arena Bar. There is a Santander Bank with a cash machine. To get to the rest of the resort and the sea by following the road downwards
* There are a number of cash machines, more bars and shops in Los Gigantes, it is a little further but worth a visit. Go from the entrance of the hotel from the Reception and turn left. Keep going unitl you get to a round about. Go down the road that has a no exit sign and follow the hill down.
* We ate at the Bamboo Bar in Los Gigantes and can recommend this. The portions were very large and drinks good value
* There is a little shop at the hotel, which sells tatt largely. You can get a daily paper here. They sell spirits but no mixers and no milk. There are a couple of supermarkets in both Playa La Arena and Los Gigantes
* To get back from both resorts you have to go up a steep hill. We can't be bothered with such exertion on holiday (or at home when I think about it!!!). It only costs just over three euros to get back in a taxi from both places
* When you arrive you will get voucher for the spa which you must book for and use in an alloted duration. We did not bother but once we had looked at the Spa it was too later for us to do so and we regretted this
* You can book to go to the themed restaurants. We did not but when we looked the menu was quite limited and there was nothing vegetarian. It also states in the bumpf that you need long trousers and a sleeved shirt. We don't know how strict they are about this.
All in all this is a wonderful hotel and you do feel you have stumbled across luxury. We really wanted to give this hotel a five score, but for us the food let it down.
- Also Known As:
- Luabay Costa Los Gigantes Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Luabay Costa Los Gigantes Hotel
- Costa Los Gigantes Hotel
- Luabay Costa Los Gigantes Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It has been designed down to the smallest detail for familes and couples wishing to spend their holidays in an incomparable location, enjoying our excellent facilities to the full. Our 1800m2 spa will help you to wind down and if you’re coming with the family, you couldn’t do better; our suites with independent lounge are all you could ever ask for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Luabay Costa Los Gigantes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.