Arrived Sunday 27th November 2011 for a weeks stay, party of 4 Mum, Dad, Daughter and Son in Law, told the rooms would ready soon (arrived around 12 noon ish so to be expected) went to the poolside bar for refeshment(s) just got served and then the rooms were ready (magic,i calls it) rooms very good indeed, we stayed on the fourth floor and the sea views were excellent. Flat screen tv with enough channels to satisfy those that can't do without. Meals were buffet style breakfast usual english and continental with enough of a choice to suit most, same at dinner, soup followed by meat and a fish dish plus excellent salad bar, a rice and / or pasta dish,veggies etc. desserts were cakey stuff and excellent fresh fruits.
All of the staff were without exception thoroughly professional and charming, a pleasant Bom Dia! always returned with a smile.
Altura itself is very quiet at this time of year (Duh!) and I would imagine it is still fairly laid back in Summer.
Bonus stuff:- Free Wi-Fi (password from reception daily) Free Computer use (in the reading room / Lounge) Sea View all rooms, Free Safe in room (not come across that before despite many visits to the Algarve)
Wellness Spa (extra cost depending on treatment) Wife, Daughter and Son in Law availed themslves of various treatments and announced all were excellent (take a bow Elena) whilst I personally ensured the Bar Staff remained in gainful employment.
Free Shuttle bus up to Monte Gordo or Vila Real de Santo Antonio 19.30 to 22.30 three times a week in winter (this should have been in the bonus stuff s'pose) .
Taxi's to Monte Gordo about 7 euros each way and 10 -12 euros each way to Vila Real (whilst on the subject ferry to Ayamonte in Spain from Vila Real is 1.60 euros each way)
Having seen videos from pre-refurbishment the look now is of casual elegance, all public areas are very comfortable and inviting, lovely terrace to eat and drink on, pool outside not used by us at this time of year, however gardens still magnificent.
Indoor pool (heated) was used and again declared excellent (extra cost unless booking spa treatment then entry is free all day)
Having stayed at a five star hotel on the Algarve last year i feel that all things considered this hotel and services offered runs that experience very close on most elements and exceeds it on one or two (homeliness and general can't quite put my finger on it but lets call it Ambiance shall we)
Would thoroughly recommend this to anyone (must be some sort of record in our house as wife was searching to re-book for next year, two hours after arriving home which i suppose tells you all you really need to know).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eurotel Altura is located on the lovely Altura beach, in the East Algarve. All rooms have a private balcony and boost spectacular views of the sea. Buffet breakfast is included and there is free parking in the hotel.The hotel has an outdoor pool, garden area, tennis court, mini-golf, restaurant, snack bar and bar. The recently built Wellness Center has a hydrotherapy area with Turkish bath, Caribbean Shower and relaxation area. It also has massage and treatment rooms as well as a fully equipped gymnasium.Eurotel Altura also has available a special area for the younger guests, offering a Kids Club with full entertainment programme all year round.The hotel is located only 10 minutes from 6 golf courses and Faro International Airport is only 40 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and HostelBookers so you can book your Eurotel Altura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eurotel Altura Hotel Altura
- Eurotel Altura Hotel Beach
- Eurotel Altura Algarve, Portugal