“My favorite place in the world*” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Kabale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tacoma
“My favorite place in the world*”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Have lived around this Park for months - - it is hauntingly, achingly beautiful. Roads to reach here are impossible, independent travel extremely difficult, but it is worth it! Mountain Gorillas can be seen with a Pass ($350. in April/May - discounted from $500) - from 3 sides of the park. Buhoma (north) has 3 groups and you stay AT the park. Rubuguli has lodging on the south end (much better than coming from far-off Kisoro), and there is gorgeous scenery everywhere... the east side is the most remote, but most amazing. Ruhija is a small mountain village with several lodges at the top overlooking layers and layers of the mountains of Bwindi Park. Staggeringly enchanting. Worth the effort!

Visited March 2013

• Polish first
kampala
11 attraction reviews
“Gorilla experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Bwindi has a higher number of the few surviving mountain gorillas of the world.
Theses animals are so endangered and so much emphasis is put up to protect them.
The animals have 98% of our genes and so are close to human beings!!!
Gorilla tracking is a very rewarding experience as you are allowed to watch them for few hours and later, leave them in their wild habitat.
Tracking them can tek you around 3 to 7 hours but the whole experience is breattaking.
U wouldnt want to miss this chance!!
It is only here in Uganda!!!

Visited February 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
23 attraction reviews
“A once in a Lifetime Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Despite pouring down rain and a painful twisted ankle I still managed to make the steep ascent and see the gorillas. I was wearing my my waterproof hiking boots,and wore my warm raincoat. It was a fabulous experience to see them,especially the silverback leader of the family and a very lively youngster. We were only a few feet away from the family of about twenty gorillas.
I have to mention that the forest itself is truly lovely. I did see golden monkeys,and met a pygmy man. I wish that I had known about the excursion to see birds,as I know that there is quite a variety in Bwindi Forest.
I strongly support the idea of having to pay the five hundred dollar fee to see the gorillas,as this is the only way to guarantee that they are protected. I agree that it is one of the best experiences that one can have in Africa viewing wildlife,but I would say that it is one of many extraordinary possibilities.

Visited August 2012
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
32 attraction reviews
“Gorilla's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

An experience of a lifetime. Finding our way through the impenetrable forest for 3,5 hours to find the gorilla family we were tracking was more han worth it. Standing face to face with mountain gorilla's was one of the many highlights during our overland tour from Uganda to South Africa.

Visited January 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Jungle Safari's Were Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I don't need to go on here about how great the gorilla trekking was, as there are enough other people doing that, and suffice to say that even for a fairly unfit person it was incredible and not too physically tough. I just wanted to say how good Jungle Safaris are. It is always a bit nerve wracking booking over the internet with people you have never met, but these guys were great. Among the cheapest company I found, but the service was flawless - we stayed in a very nice hotel in Bwindi (Gift of Nature Lodge), and best of all, when I left my sunglasses in this remote guesthouse, not only did the lovely people there post them to Kampala, the even lovelier people at Jungle Safaris posted them to England for me. And the got to me in one piece, amazingly speedily! So there is my recommendation if you are looking for a tour company!!

Visited January 2013