“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Hanworth Road, Feltham TW135AB, England   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Feltham
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for two nights, excellent, comfortable and clean. Great staff made us very welcome, will definitely stay again. Garden area is lovely, nice seating area where coffee is served. Breakfast a bit pricey at £9.99 per person but well presented. Very homely and tastefully furnished.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Stayed here for two nights while attending a course in west London. It had a really homely feel (I had the Moody Room). But the winner was the wild garden at the back- it turned out to be a perfect afternoon reading spot.

Room Tip: I wish I had a garden view room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Northampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here on business. I wanted a single with en suite which is what I got. However this room is not suitable for business users - no desk for a start, in fact, think of the old spare room you had in your first terraced house and this room is not far off it. Old wardrobe which doesnt match anything - it really is a small miss-match of a room. Also no double glazing on a busy road meant for lack of sleep.

I would say however the bathroom was a modern style and clean, towels however had seen much better days - the type of towels you prevent yourself from looking at too closely at.....

In fairness to the management I paid £54 for this room and some people would argue that this is good value for a hotel next to Heathrow and say "What do you expect for the money?" however there are hotels not too far away which if you may an extra £10 are far better value for money and in much nicer location than Feltham.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road and dont get put in the hideaway room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Fremont, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights begin of May 2012, waiting for my flight to US.
Main reason I picked this hotel was the location: 30 min. by train both to Windsor and to London Waterloo station, 20 min. by cab to Heathrow, and a 5 min. walk to the train station. This allowed me to spend one day in British Museum, another in Windsor/Eaton, and get quickly to the airport on the day of my flight.
Wireless Internet included in the price helps to navigate extensive train network in the area.
The hotel itself is located in an English row house, occupying the whole house and conservatory in the back where breakfasts are served. My room on the second floor ('Foxy outlook') was rather small but adequate, with a tea/coffe tray, a comfortable bed, clean bathroom and generous heating.
I would stay there again if needed a short stay in the Heathrow area allowing a convenient access to London and Windsor.

Room Tip: 'Foxy outlook' is a good choice for a solo traveller, with beautiful view on trees in the ga...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

A nice place to stay, clean, tidy, warm, nice bathroom, a warm welcome and fantastic breakfast. I would definately stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

My wife and I spent £119 for one night stay at this 'hotel', which should be described as a 'bed and breakfast' at best. The room is clean, small with a double bed and a tiny bathroom. It comes with Tesco's and Asda's no frills litres of shampoo and shower gel. Breakfast was not included and served only until 9:30 am on a Sunday. The area this hotel is in is not very nice but it is convenient for Heathrow and in this case, the rugby match in Twickenham.

If not for the last minute success in getting tickets for the match, we would not have stayed here. Considering the upmarket Twickenham Marriott charges £99 a night rate normally, there is no way one would spend this kind of money for a room here.

We waited on arrival for a good five minutes at reception without being attended to, followed by being told that there was no reservation under our name, a mistake which the staff soon recognised. There is an extra charge of 4% if you wish to use a credit card.

Feel free to draw your own conclusion from all the reviews here, we will not be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
ambassadorheathrow, Owner at Ambassador Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thank you for your review. I appreciate all reviews given and I value customer feedback and constructive criticism as it helps us here at the Ambassador to constantly improve the experience we offer our customers.

However, I would like to address some of the points raised by you in your review.

The price of £119 is our usual price for the rugby events at Twickenham and we do indeed charge an additional breakfast fee of £9.99 on these days. The Marriott (Twickenham) you referred to charges FROM £150 on Rugby dates and breakfast is an additional £17.50 per person, so I do believe our prices are very competitive.

I would agree that the toiletries in your room were not acceptable and have now been upgraded.

When you arrived we were busy cleaning rooms for the early check-in (rather than the standard check-in time of 2pm) we always offer guests on these event days, as we realise people like to get an early access to the rooms and then jump on the 6 minutes train journey at the end of the road direct to Twickenham Rugby ground (as you already kindly mentioned). I personally checked you in and I do remember another couple checking in just before you. It does physically take around two minutes to allocate the room, show the guest the room, give keys etc. and I believe this is the maximum amount of time you had to wait. With regard to me not finding your booking, it was simply a case of misreading on my initial scan of paperwork and as you have pointed out this was quickly realised.

The 4% charge for credit card payments is very clearly stated on all of our online sites, although there is always a generous saving when booking through our own website rather than the travel intermediaries' sites. Also, paying by debit card or cash carries no extra charges.

I would finally like to say that The Ambassador is a home from home and has never tried or wanted to compete or be similar to the large faceless corporate hotels, although I appreciate that some people prefer that kind of experience.

Dean Harrison

Been to Ambassador Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!