“much better than expexted” 4 of 5 stars

Channins Hounslow Hotel
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   41 Hounslow Road, Feltham TW14 0AU, England   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Feltham B&B and Inns
Dortmund
“much better than expexted”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

Were we at the wrong hotel? I stayed with my sister for 6 nights and was positively surprised. I could in no way agree to what I read. Okay, the hotel was a little old, but clean. The rooms were cleaned every day, the shower worked properly, soap was in the bathroom and we got fresh towels every day. Breakfast was not great (müsli and 3 different sorts of flakes/cereals; toast and four sorts of jam, coffee, tea and orange juice), but what the hell do you expect for this price. It was near the airport and near the station, so London could be reached within 30 minutes. Okay, it was not the Hilton, but I did not pay for the Hilton.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

Clean, good customer service. I reserved for 5 nights double bed. I got an one doble bed mattress on top of ottomans, hot (no a/c but did get a fan upon request) 13 inches TV with 4 channels, no phone, view to the junk yard, plain white walls... NOTHING like in their website. My room was NOT in the main building, was in an add on house, not good for a 5 night stay. I would ask for the room in their website the next time:)

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

There were 3 of us(Adults) thats stayed there for one night on Saturday. There is on site parking but you will be lucky if you can park. We did but we parked in a spot that wasnt meant for parking as we had no choice. Went to book in as we had pre-booked 2 doubles but was asked if we would down size a double to a single, which we did. There were other guests there that had had their room double booked. There staff didnt seem to know what to do and seemed to have no logical booking system. We returned in the evening after our day out to find more people at the reception that had had their room double booked....O dear. At first the receptionist didnt seem to have any idea what room we were in but luckily we educated him.
Rooms were very basic but clean, however the heating was on all night and were to hot. A room near us decided to return at 1.30am and put their tv on full blast till 3am.
Not a great stay and wont be returning as im not 100% sure we wouldnt be double booked.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2008

We have never stayed in a hotel as bad as this one. No parking, room dirty, no towels or soap etc. No hot water or heating. Staff very rude and not at all helpful. When I mentioned this to them, I was told that as they had my credit card details I had to pay for the room if I stayed or not. No wakeup call meant that we only just made our flight. I would not recommend this place to anyone

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
vettegirl1
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2008

Were do I begin. Our room was dirty, our tv had broken rabbit ears and terrible reception. The bed was very uncomfortable and the shower had horrible water pressure. The pillows were nonexistent. We were afraid our car was going to get stolen in the night as the neighborhood was questionable. I don't know why the travel agent put us there, but I am furious her. The staff could not tell us how to get to the car rent al facility at the airport, even with the map we had. How can you run a hotel but not be able to tell someone how to get to the airport! We were told to follow the local bus to get to the airport. There was no way we were eating breakfast there! One of the worst nights of our lives.

• Disliked — dirty, broken tv, broken shower
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
USA - Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2008

I only spent two nights here because I needed to be close to Heathrow. My room on the lower level was very small, but I was alone so no big deal. En suite; that was good. Very clean, and I am obsessive about that. The neighborhood isn't the best, but I didn't feel threatened in anyway as a single female. My biggest complaint was the bed which was very inadequate and I slept miserably. But I do have some back issues so if you don't, you'll probably be okay. They have a breakfast each morning, but I was gone before they began serving. Finding it was a bit of a challenge. Best way is to take the Piccadilly line (tube) get off at Hatton Cross Station. Walk right outside and catch either the 490 or 285 bus to Feltham Assembly Hall (ask the driver to verify he stops there). As soon as you get off the bus, turn to your left, cross the first intersection and the hotel is right there on your left. Their website is a little misleading in that I thought they had an airport shuttle and they don't. So you will need to catch the bus (490 or 285 in the opposite direction you came in on) which goes out to Heathrow. It takes a good half hour to get there. Bus fare is 2 pounds; you can pay when you get on the bus. If you are going into London from this hotel it will take you about 45 minutes to get there. It was bare bones basic, a place to sleep. The staff was congenial.

• Liked — Low cost.
  • Disliked — The bed.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

I booked this hotel online at the last minute, as I had wanted to extend my stay in London.

I found it quite difficult to find, as you need to catch a bus from the tube station to get there. To get into central London will take about 45 minutes to an hour by bus and tube. However the bus is regular, and was very convenient for my early morning flight from Heathrow when I left.

Feltham is quite a dodgy area, so don't expect to do any sightseeing or shopping nearby. I felt a bit unsafe there, even though I had been staying in London three weeks prior to my stay here.

I also found the staff unprofessional. I am a young female and was staying there on my own, and I was offered no help with my luggage up and down the stairs. In fact one of the male staff members walked behind me as I attempted to drag my suitcase downstairs. I also had a staff member quite rudely complain to me that she could not understand me because of my accent. I am Australian so I found this quite odd.

The room itself was ok considering the cheap rate which I paid (from memory 60 pound a night?). It was clean, I had a telephone, working television and my bathroom was fine. My room was cleaned during the day, and towels changed (unlike many other reviews I have read I actually recieved towels). My only complaint was that the staff left my window open during the day. I was in the basement level, so anyone in the carpark next door could have seen my window open and easily slipped inside.

I probably would not stay here again, but considering I booked it cheaply at the last minute I was not completely dissatisfied.

• Liked — Proximity to bus service
  • Disliked — Location, Unprofessional Staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Channins Hounslow Hotel? Share your experiences!