“Okay for airport” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Feltham
Verwood, United Kingdom
“Okay for airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed on a park and fly package , leaving our car for 8 nights at the hotel and collecting on our return it only cost £95 with a full buffet breakfast . Well worth it considering airport parking charges. It was not far to the airport and cost us only £20 including tip to get to terminal 3. You can get a bus if you prefer. The room was comfortable , breakfast was very good and evening meal was alright for the price . I would certainly use it again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

After reading reviews, i emailed before my stay to request a quiet room, which in fairness was arranged and we were not bothered by noise from planes or trains during our stay.  However, the hotel was filled with what appeared to be drunk soldiers and the bar area was very noisy, as was the corridors.  We found a man asleep on the floor of our corridor and there was constant noise during the night from the rooms surrounding us.  I was in bed by 10.30pm (due to being sick from the food!) and spent most of the night listening to drunk singing, swearing and arguing from other guests!  Had we known that the hotel would be full of drunk men we wouldn't have booked!

Next came the restaurant, which I can only describe as the worst meal I've ever eaten!  My friend ordered the vegetarian pizza, while I ordered the garlic mushroom crustini and the ceasar salad.  The salad was lettuce and a few bits of chicken smothered in a thick garlic sauce which was inedible!  The garlic mushrooms were so salty that they actually made me sick and we ended up eating non of our food!  We told the waiter that it was horrible but nothing was done and we ended up paying for the food and leaving the restaurant as my friend didn't want to make a fuss!  Within 15 minutes I was being sick and this ruined our night! Hence me being in bed by 10.30!!

If you stayed here on a normal night and didn't eat in the restaurant then its passable! But we paid £78 for 1 night room only plus £28 for inedible food which made me vomit so it was an expensive night!!

Room Tip: Airport side. 3rd floor no exterior noise
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Perth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

I came to this hotel on an academic trip, so I obviously didn't expect luxury. First of all the area around seems dangerous and really rather sordid. On arrival we were even advised not to go outside alone and another group's coach was robbed one night. Not good.

The rooms themselves had all the expected facilities. However the drab decoration was only worsened by the general grimy feel of the room. Behind the headboard was a filthy wall, with literally a layer of dirt. The carpet was dodgy, there was a grotty shower curtain and the beds were incredibly uncomfortable due to the barest bedding I've ever encountered.

Lastly, the breakfast was absolutely atrocious. The food was horrid and the orange juice tasted like water with the occasional lump of orange flavoured mucus in it. After one morning I was physically sick due to this. The toaster was a bizarre contraption, and one morning my bread become inexplicably jammed and actually caught fire, causing the entire thing to smoke terribly. An extraordinarily unhelpful member of staff just watched as I asked for assistance.

Take my word, do not stay in this grotty, vile and dangerous hotel!

• Stayed November 2013
Preston UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night whilst on business on the outskirts of South West London. Quite a drab looking 10 storey hotel. I had booked with booking.com and attempted to pay by maestro which the receptionist told me was acceptable. In fairness for my troubles I was given free overnight parking which saved me the usual overnight charge of £8.00p.
I was given a family sized room on the 10th floor and was quite surprised at the level of noise from the railway.
I ate in the Italian restaurant downstairs and food was okay and reasonably priced. Would I stay again, probably not, would rather go for a premier inn or similiar.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Was sent to a room that hadnt been done - towels and dirty cups everywhere

Was given another room but not comfortable and did not feel clean. The hotel is shabby and this is reflected as soon as you walk in to reception

Room Tip: I would advise anyone not to stay here
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

A typical no frills airport hotel to spend the night before the flight and dump the car. Rooms were clean.Bar and restaurant charged sensible prices. Staff at reception were helpful. Short walk into Feltham.Good parking with no fuss.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Avoid at all costs. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. When we arrived they denied that we had booked for two people and so were given the smoking room. The food was poor the staff did not help. Not to mention the cranky lifts and the lights in the hallway going off and never coming back on.

Room Tip: The Best room is not in this hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to St Giles Heathrow - St Giles Classic Hotel? Share your experiences!