“Fantastic Family Holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sirenis Hotel Club Aura

You added Sirenis Hotel Club Aura to your Saves list
Sirenis Hotel Club Aura
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle des Calo, s/n | Port des Torrent, 07829 Sant Josep de Sa Talaia, Ibiza, Spain   |
“Fantastic Family Holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

Just arrived back from a 7 day stay with Sirensis with my husband and 20 month old baby.

We had a great time, the hotel was exactly what we expected. Great food, lovely spacious rooms slightly out of date but super comfy beds.

The creche was fantastic too. Great to get little ones out of the sun for a while.

There is a beautiful beach a few minutes down the road where we spent most of our time; great mojitos at the beach bar and beautiful sun sets.

We will be visiting again next year for sure.

The hotel from about 8pm onwards is quite noisy with kids running around and playing. It really is only suited to families which was fine for us. We mostly went out in the evenings Ibiza town, the beach etc.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Polish first
Chatham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

Myself, my husband and our 17 month old son stayed here from 20th-27th August. For us, this holiday was a real luxury - my husband's cousin was getting married out in Ibiza and we chose this hotel despite the price tag because it seemed most appropriate for our little one; it had a crèche, which meant hubby and I could have the all-important alone time, and loads of kids entertainment. I was anxious leading up to the holiday about some of the negative things people have said about the hotel, so I will break it down into sections to really give the hotel its due.

ACCOMMODATION:
The hotel resort is beautiful - big enough that you never feel too crowded, but small enough that you can learn where everything is on your first day. Our rooms were better than we expected - we got the basic double room and were pleasantly surprised to discover that we also had a living space area with a hideaway kitchenette (electric hob and sink, sadly no kettle!). The bedroom was big and spacious, even with a cot tucked in next to my side of the bed, and the balcony, although it overlooked other rooms, had enough foliage out the front that you didn't feel overlooked at all. The rooms were extremely clean and the maid service there was excellent. The TV had very limited channels but to be fair we only turned it on the once - too much else to do! My only big gripe about the room was that the glass door that screens off the shower is actually attached to the bath, which made bathing our lively little boy quite awkward. I suppose if you had younger ones you could perhaps bathe them in the sink, but we found out quite difficult. There were a couple of damp spots on the bathroom ceiling, but otherwise it was a traditional, functional room that we were impressed with. I do wish, however, that the balcony led off of the living space and not the bedroom, as it meant when we put our little one to bed, we couldn't enjoy the balcony for fear of disturbing him - in fact we barely spent any time on it at all, which is a pity as it was so lovely. We were in the White House which we found was far enough from the entertainment that it didn't disturb us of an evening.

FOOD
Yes, here it comes, the big one - food. For the life of me I cannot understand why on earth others have complained about the food. We are literally talking about a huge expense of a room, covered in different food, three times a day. For breakfast there is a choice of full English (bacon, sausage, beans, scrambled and fried egg) with a variety of accompaniments that they change daily such as hash browns, churros, omelette, pancakes, mushrooms, tomatoes etc. As well as this they have a choice of cereals (coco pops, corn flakes, muesli, honey puffs), dried and fresh fruit, local cakes, continental pastries and biscuits, and of course toast. For lunch and dinner the buffet restaurant tried hard to provide a variety of food, and I genuinely believe that for all those who said it became repetitive must be the kind of holidaymakers who refuse to try anything new and like their good ol' British grub - for those people they always had pasta with two kinds of sauce, at least two choices of pizza, and endless chips. They also had a selection of meat and cheeses at every meal (including breakfast); at least two choices of cutlets of meat, and one fresh fish cutlet of the day. Apart from this, they had (on rotation over the seven days) a selection of rice and potato based salads, casserole dishes, quiche, mash, roast and fried potato, usually some sort of curry at dinner, ham and cheese in breadcrumbs, vegetables in sauces or gratin or roasted, fish fingers or fried fish, and a plentiful salad bar. I don't understand what more you could want! My only disappointment with the food was that the red meat (beef, lamb) was often quite poor quality, lots of fat/gristle. My hubby didn't have a problem with it, but I gave up after a couple of days,sticking to the chicken, pork and fish. Even so, I wasn't lacking and my plate(s) were stacked high every day with really delicious stuff! Twice they had themed nights when we were there - the pirate themed night was great fun, even the cutlery was crossed, great attention to detail, all the waiting staff were dressed up and they had a chance to hold a parrot and have your photo taken as you came in, for10 euros a photo. The Japanese night was less good - the suchi was AMAZING but the dedication wasn't there, only one member of staff dressed up, it seemed half-hearted. In response to the gentleman who complain that parents were leaving food all over the floor when their younger children (like ours) were eating - we attempted to clean up our boy after every meal, but the waiting staff ALWAYS intervened, imploring us to leave it for them, that it was no trouble - they were fantastic, nothing was ever too much trouble. We also ate in the Teppanyaki restaurant one evening to celebrate my birthday, it was delicious and we were just as full eating there as we would have been at the buffet restaurant, certainly didn't feel like we went without! Only thing I would say is that a big part of the Teppanyaki experience should be the showmanship of the cook, and the Sirenis cook is slightly lacking in this area - he flipped the salt a few times and tried bouncing egg into the guests mouths, but in my experience there is usually a lot more audience involvement, and I feel that there was a language barrier that prevented the usual banter and laughter. But otherwise, well worth paying the supplement for a different experience, and the food was astonishingly delicious.

SIRENIS STAFF
I cannot emphasise enough how incredible all the staff at the hotel were - in particular the restaurant manager, who always took time to say hello and play peek-a-boo with our little one, and the lovely girl at the reception desk who, when our taxi was twenty minutes late, offered to drive us to the wedding we were going to so that we wouldn't be late (she didn't have to as the taxi then showed up, but what a kind offer!). All the staff smile and say hello to you around the hotel, and the reception desk were always helpful and informative.

THOMSON STAFF
I'm going to start this off by telling you that my very first experience of the Thomson reps was overhearing one of our Holiday Advisors, Beth, telling another guest that she didn't like children and really wanted to be a rep in San Antonio but that Thomson kept putting her in family resorts. When we went to her for advice, she was helpful and gave information, but without a smile, and most importantly, ignored our son completely. In another place, this might not even have been noticed - but when every other rep and member of the Sirenis staff goes out of their way to say hello to all the little ones and beams with delight to see you, it suddenly becomes starkly noticeable. It was plain from her demeanour that she did not want to be there, and we felt uncomfortable talking to her. That particular rep aside though, we LOVED the Thomson team there, they really went above and beyond to make sure everyone was happy and having a good time. The activities they had going on throughout the day were all well organised but relaxed, so it still had a real holiday atmosphere. I won a certificate for being Star of the Class at Aqua Fit & Fun! The evening entertainment was brilliant for the kids, Little Pups and Kennel Club were amazing, yes as other reviews have mentioned it was repetitive, but children like repetition and our tiny little son can now do half the moves to What Does The Fox Say! (And Chocolate is one of the best holiday songs I have ever heard in my life, I was in stitches of laughter!) We really enjoyed the acoustic duo and the family gameshow, but found the Take That tribute a bit lacking... Big shout out to Annie McPhee who was without a doubt the star of the show, also Jet Set Josh and Ashaboo who were just fab with the kids and really seemed to enjoy their job. I also need to say thanks to the crèche girls Frankiedoodle and Megnificent who are just wonderful at what they do - but I'll get to that in the next section.

CRECHE
We booked our son in for a crèche session every day of our trip, including an evening session so we could go to the Teppanyaki restaurant. We were quite worries about how he would feel being left with two complete strangers, but I needn't have worries - as soon as I met Frankie and Meg, they were just so lovely and interested not only in my son but in us and our holiday that I was reassured immediately. They took the time to find out what he might like playing with and what his favourite activities are, and promptly had things ready for him at the beginning of every session. He LOVED it there. He cried on the second day, but the minute we shut the door behind us we heard him stop! Cheeky monkey! The girls went above and beyond in looking after him, on the evening that we went out they took him for dinner in the restaurant and said they'd never been so entertained as he blew them kisses and pretended to be an aeroplane! On the last evening we returned to our room to find a whole folder full of things that he had done with them that week, including a dinosaur egg and hat, a pirate flag, a story book with his "writing" in it, his handprints with a little poem that made me well up!, a pasta shaker, a postcard to Finley from the girls saying how much fun they had with him, and a little diary of everything he did in crèche. It was amazing, we can't believe how dedicated those girls are to their job - and whenever we saw them round and about the hotel, they always stopped and said hello and asked what we were up to, and asked to see photos of Finley in his little wedding outfit - they seemed to genuinely care. Worth their weight in gold. So if you're hesitant about booking crèche sessions, don't be - these girls are WONDERFUL!

POOL AND WATER PARK
The pool was just the right size for the hotel, was never too busy except just before and after Aqua Fit. No inflatables in the pool which is a GOOD thing as it means half the pool isn't taken up with bloody crocodiles and boats etc! The sunbeds were taken quite early but this is normal everywhere and we could always find somewhere to lay down, even if it was a bit far from the pool. There is a professional photographer who wanders around the pool every day for a few hours, and we got some of our best photos from her - it's 7 euros for a basic print, well worth it considering we now have a few beautiful photos of all three of us in the pool. She is very talented! The Water Park is brilliant, if you go first thing at 10.30 it's really quiet and you can get on all the good big rides straight away with not much fuss. Even so, you're never waiting longer than five minutes for a slide, and the kids sections are brilliant with very attentive lifeguards.

OVERALL:
This was a perfect family holiday, and even though travelling with a 17 month old is probably one of the most nightmarish things I have ever done, the staff and entertainment team at the hotel made it such a pleasant experience. We felt valued, appreciated, and looked after - it was my son's first holiday and definitely one to remember. We are already planning on coming back when we can afford it!

Room Tip: We were in the White House, which in my opinion was great for a little one as he wasn't disturbe...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hotelaura, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Sirenis Hotel Club Aura, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Dear guest,

We are thrilled you enjoyed staying with us at the Sirenis Hotel Club Aura and are sincerely grateful for the time you spent to share your satisfaction here on Tripadvisor; it is wonderful to hear we were able to meet your expectations of an enjoyable holiday experience under the sun of Ibiza.

Moreover we are glad we were able to make your birthday a special one and greatly appreciate your positive comments on our staff; it is always a great source of motivation to hear that our guests appreciated their services and attention to detail.

We also loved reading your praising comments on our dining options; at Sirenis we strive to make gastronomy one of the highlights of our guests’ stay among us; it is very rewarding to read you enjoyed every dining experience among us

It is wonderful to hear that your child had such a great time thanks to crèche session that you appreciated the efforts of the First Choice animation staff to ensure that all guests were entertained and had a good time whilst staying at the hotel, this is always our goal and we will certainly not fail to convey your very kind compliments to all of them.

You felt valued, appreciated, and looked after and this is our goal. Once again, thank you for your time, we hope that you had a pleasant journey back home and to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in our Sirenis hotels.

Kindest Regards,
Woking, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Stayed here from the 15th - 23rd august. We arrived at 2am in the morning and the reception had a bag for all of us which contained water, roll, salad. The water park was great for the children! The staff and reps were really helpful and happy! Food was good, something for everyone. The only downside was you had to get up early to get a sunbed 7am. All in all a great holiday!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 4012 which was ground floor and right by the sea and pool
Romford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Stayed here 13th - 20th August. We all had a great time here. Cannot fault the hotel for it's pools, food, cleanliness and entertainment - especially the kids entertainers. The only things that are negative and they are very minor is that there are no inflatables allowed in the pools unless they are small rings or floats and the security man takes your towels off the sunbeds before 7.30am if your not sitting with them. We were lucky enough to have DEANO with us that told him where to go lol...
There were seven of us in total (4 adults and 3 children), we all had a fabulous time and would go back again. Rooms are very spacious, furniture a bit dated, but very clean. All the children ate very well and there was always freshly cooked meat/fish every lunch time and in the evening. Staff were very friendly (apart from towel man) and were more than happy to help you with anything.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for families.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 8000s are the furthest away from all the restaurant, pool, bar etc. Fine for us but ma...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hotelaura, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Sirenis Hotel Club Aura, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for making us your choice, for sharing a five star review on TripAdvisor and for your very kind recommendation to the travel community.

It is very rewarding to read you and your family had a fabulous week at the Sirenis Hotel Club Aura, this is our goal.

Do not hesitate to contact us at infoeurope@sirenishotels.com if you decide to come back to Ibiza, to organize every detail of your stay.

Best regards,
Southern England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We returned from a 7 day holiday here on 16th August and felt we had enjoyed great service, good value for money and everything we had expected based on the brochure and other reviews.

The check in was quick yet welcoming, no overload of information, just the basics to get us into our room asap. Throughout our stay, in fact, all the hotel staff were friendly and polite including the restaurant waiters and waitresses, the bar staff, the cleaners, reception and the groundsmen.
One waiter in particular called Isaac took a shine to our children (aged 7 and 11) and always made a fuss of them and gave them sweets on more than one occasion. The kids loved it!

Our room was 6201 and although not classed as such we had a lovely sea view across to San Antonio and being a corner room the balcony has two aspects making our vantage point all the more interesting. We were happy with the cleanliness of the room throughout our stay, the aircon was efficient, the bathroom was spacious and uptodate and the double room for us was more than comfortable with ample storage. The children slept on sofa beds in the living area. I can understand why people feel the rooms are dated as the brown blankets on the sofa beds coupled with a dark wooden facade screening the cooking area and typically small, square windows did make for an old-fashioned feel, This DID NOT, however, detract from our holiday. It is true that the the shower screen was fixed in position so it would be awkward to control the water flow/temperature for young children without getting into the bath yourself. Problem? Not sure but other reviews have mentioned it.

Wifi was free but only seemed to work IN the room. Also it was only possible to link three devices per room on a first come first served basis. Still we weren't on holiday to stare at a small screen I told my wife (who was the unlucky fourth member of the family to try to connect!!!) There was also a TV with limited channels but to be honest I'm proud to say we only turned it on once, on arrival, and that was it. A week without TV!!!!

Food was varied and appetising but perhaps less choice meal by meal than we have enjoyed at other All Inc resorts recently. Nevertheless we weren't bored even at the end of our stay. Drinks were served to the table as soon as we seated ourselves and plates were cleared efficiently as required.

The three pools were adequate but sadly inflatable toys/lilos were banned (due, our Thomson rep told us, to an accident in Majorca where the life guards view was obscured by such toys). With a lovely sandy bay within 5 minutes walk away this was less of a problem than it might have been given we had taken extra inflatables this year!! And then there's the Water Park right next door with free access to hotel guests. Some height restrictions (1.2m) for some of the bigger slides but there was a smaller area which our kids enjoyed and separate a toddler section too.

Sunbeds and brollies were at a premium but it wasn't necessary to get up at silly o'clock to secure some as there were always some available even at 8.30 am. Moreover we found beds available later in the day too after a beach visit or water park session. I guess other families were circulating between these attractions too.

The Thomson reps were highly visible and certainly worked very hard. The entertainment team were especially busy all day and long into the night. Jet Set Josh, Annie McFee and the talented Asher Boo led the fun and games. Evenings kicked off with fun for the younger guests and progressed to an outside act on all but one night and these were aimed at adults but still with a family feel. It was especially nice and unexpected to have table service at all times so taking away queues at the bar. You could still go to the bar if you preferred but why bother?? Only one complaint for us concerning an element of the act from Double Dees which featured an Amy Winehouse number where the two ladies careered around the audience mimicking drunken behaviour showering the audience with spilled "booze". Not great for kids to see in my opinion and given the timing and circumstances of Amy's death I found the whole thing distasteful. Still only one issue out of a week!!

As expected the Thomson Welcome Meeting was as much about selling trips and excursions as it was about welcoming and informing us of local issues. In fact we discovered many of the boat trips could be booked at a quay alongside the beach at a discount to the Thomson prices. We took a ferry boat to San Antonio ( a place which wears it's clubbing heart on it's sleeve!!) for a family return ticket at just 21 Euros. Nice to see another side to Ibiza and it brought back memories for my wife but San Antonio is not set up for families. You can, however, book all sorts of thrilling rides like paragliding and banana rides at the harbour side.

So overall a holiday which ticked all our boxes and made so by the location and the staff, Thomson and hotel alike.In fact we are seriously considering a return trip next year which is something we never normally think about!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have a double aspect to the balcony and unless you have heavy buggies or disabilities I...
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We went as a family of 8 for 2 weeks and had a fantastic time. We got home on Saturday 23rd August 2014. The hotel staff are really friendly and helpful. I asked for our 2 rooms to be upgraded to sea views before we arrived but was told there was no availability although when we arrived, both rooms had sea/pool views. We were over the moon. We were concerned about the hotel only having 1 main restaurant and had read comments about the food being monotonous although the food was good with lots of variety, especially the Sunday lunch and the themed nights. We were all impressed. The snack bar was also good and the children were able to go and order their own food and drinks which made them feel grown up. The staff in both were attentive and friendly and the service was really good, even at the busy times. The Japanese restaurant is a must. My 6 and 7 year olds loved it too. The entertainment team were amazing and work so hard. Jet set josh, asha boo, mitchellin man, Annie mcfee, Jammie Jess and the rest of the team were fabulous with the children and great entertainment for the adults. Mitch was amazing with one of our party who has special needs. He is fully trained and obviously knew his stuff which helped immensely and he was even able to go to the kids club. He absolutely loved it! My children only went to the kids club in the day a couple of times as met friends and loved the pool but on the days they went, they loved it too. We preferred it when the entertainment team did the evening shows as the outside entertainment wasn't the best. Entertainment throughout the day was great and a good laugh. Water polo was quite boisterous though. We went to the beach down the road to do the water sports (scrambler, donuts, etc) which was good and the imagine snack bar was amazing with great sunset views. Book a table if you want one at the front in the evening though as it gets busy. They have a fire eater on about 11pm too which was good and it's open till 3am. We went to San Antonio on the taxi boat which was lovely. Eating out can be pricey though but the cocktails are delicious. Great place down the road with kids go karts, trampolines and bouncy castles. Adults can relax and children can play. €5 for the children to go on everything. This hotel is fabulous for families and I'd highly recommend it. Only downfall is that the entertainment at night is finished by 11pm latest so for those who like to stay up later, there's nothing going on. The bar stays open until 12am but then you are asked to go back to your rooms. I understand it's a family place though but entertainment until 12am would have been better. And finally the sunbeds... Everyone complains about this but it does seem to happen everywhere. We had to be up by 7am to get good beds together as there were 8 of us. I'm glad to be home but only for a lie in!!!

Room Tip: Sea/pool views are a must. We stayed in the orange block on the ground floor with a kitchenette whic...
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Stayed at resort for 10 days.
Positives - excellent hotel staff, good quality food and clean room. Ibiza island was beautiful and well worth the 2 day car hire to explore the excellent beaches offered. The beach bar near the hotel is a must (alternative to the Hotel entertainment)...good food & excellent atmosphere.
Negatives - overcrowded pool area; despite the notices regarding reserving sunbeds, if you didn't follow the crowd and arise early to mark out your sunbeds then you ran the risk of not getting any. Suggestion to Thomson is to utilize the seating area outside the Entertainment Area which practically went unused during the day to allow for extra sunbeds and extra room. The noise around the pool area was a little overbearing at times, particularly when you had the music from the bar merging with the music from the Thomson reps and their fun-fare; not exactly relaxing!! The gym facility needs to be seriously addressed as not only was it stifling hot but the equipment in many cases needed replacing; the running machine was held together with bungy cord and there was no emergency stop button. The water-park was an attraction when we booked but quickly lost its wow after a couple of days.
As a family holiday compared to the other resort we've used before, this is well below par and I would not recommend this; for a family having to pay to register kids for the kid's club seems a big let down, particularly when this isn't totally apparent when you book.

Dear guest,

Thanks for choosing the Sirenis Hotel Club Aura to spend your family holiday and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

Moreover, thank you for your compliments refering to our staff, the good quality of the dining options on offer and the cleanliness; we strive to give total confidence in this area, being fully aware that this is the base for a comfortable holiday experience in any hotel.

All our guest have the same right to use sunbeds and parasols, and not only our staff in the hotel but also the Thomson representatives encourage our guest to respect some simple rules; full information is forwarded at check-in time and in the welcome meeting. If a civilized use of the sun beds is done, there will always be sufficient available and everyone can have a more relaxed holiday.

Our gym facilities are not new, however, thanks to our maintenance team onsite, we do our utmost to maintain all installations to their original standards and make sure that all gym amenities are totally functional; we are waiting to receive replacement parts for two machines from the continent and the issue will be settled as soon as they arrive.

The entertainment team organise different day time activities and require the use of tables and chairs from the seating area you are refering to. We regret if the information provided by your tour operator was not fully complete and suggest you for future occasions to contact its call center from where they can give you all the relevant information and help you to choose the destination, hotel type and services that best meet your family’s holiday needs and wishes.

Thank you again for making us your choice hotel; we look forward to welcoming you back at your convenience.

Best regards,
Sirenis Hotels & Resorts

Been to Sirenis Hotel Club Aura? Share your experiences!