just got back from 2 weeks at the pueblo ibiza with my girlfriend (sept 5 -19). the reason for booking was that we were after quiet days chilling with lively nights in san antonio.after deciding whether to book the tanit in cala gracio or this hotel,i booked this one.the hotel is in port des torrrent 350 metres from a lovely sandy beach with clean inviting waters and a handful of beach bars and restaurants.one was lovely playing chill out tunes into the night.from the beach you can get water taxis to cala bassa,cala comte and san antonio harbour which although dearer than the bus,make a nicer alternative (6 euro return to san an).the area around the hotel is very quiet,just a couple of quiet bars,shops selling souvenirs,lilos etc. there is a swingers club nearby and a topless dance bar nearer the beach but we never saw anybody go in or leave and it didn't spoil the holiday at all.one great point is the bus stop 2mins away. you can get to the excellent beaches at cala bassa and cala compte for no money in 20 mins or cala tarida in 30 mins.san an is 20 mins on the bus and they run 24 hrs into san an bus station though you have to use the discobus after 12pm.but again its very cheap.the buses were always on time.alternatively you can walk to the start of san an bay where the bars start in 20 mins.we used the dicobuses to go into ibiza town at night changing at san an bus station.an excellent idea and hassle free for a change of nightlife,plus they stop at amnesia and priveledge on the way.
the hotel is very international.the spanish seem to dominate with the germans,british and french making up the rest with a sprinkling of swedes,belgians and poles.the hotel is kept spotless and has a modern reception area worthy of a 4 star hotel.in the corner is 4 internet terminals costing 1 euro for 10mins.a small t.v area is above this.3 excellent pools,one large being the focus for water based entertainment and two smaller ones. we spent our time round the lower pool which was our fav.loads of spare sunbeds stacked up so no need for early morning towel war games which i loathe.one tip is to buy a cheap lilo for 2 euros over the road for the loungers which are uncomfortable.
the rooms are small but there only for sleeping and are what you normally expect in spain.cleaned everyday,new towels etc.one downside was the beds which were basic and metal framed that joined to make a double.if you wanted to get romantic,you found they slid apart and one of you or both would fall through the middle.
the food is where the hotel needs to improve.ok it is only 3* but could be better.as time went on we noticed a lot of food re-cycling happening i.e leftover lunch going into dinner dishes.some strange dishes such as tripe,pigs trotters and shark dog appeared which i thought was a cheap way of feeding guests.although there is plenty of salads,pasta and other dishes to eat.
the daytime entertainment is good with sporty competitions starting at 10.30 am til 5.00pm.you can play darts,volleyball,water polo etc. johnny does an excellent job, very friendly and funny.however the nightly entertainment is poor and the so called professional acts were amatuerish.we used to stay for the closing of the all inclusive bar at 11pm then head into san an.the budan chill out bar is a nice touch which is attached to the hotel though it is not all inclusive drinks. 8 euros gets a lager and a spirit mixer accompanied wiv chill out music and insence stick. nice if you've overdone it the night before.
would go again to this hotel as i love ibiza and return again and again to this amazing island. my 10th time won't be far away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Pueblo Ibiza*** is situated in an exclusive area, in the best location on the island for admiring the sunset. Perfectly situated, the hotel is just 300 m from the beautiful D'es Torrent beach and 10 minutes from other beaches such as Compte, Cala Tarida and Cala Bassa, considered by some, as the best beaches and coves on Ibiza. The Barcelo Pueblo Ibiza hotel combines top quality and price so you can soak up the atmosphere and scenery of this magical island. All types of visitors choose it as their destination; this is a world-wide attraction just as much for its waters as for its lively atmosphere. During the day, enjoy bathing in the open sea or relax in the hotel's swimming pools. In the evening, you can enjoy dusk and the sunset from the hotel chill-out area. Welcome to the island where everything is possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Barcelo, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Barcelo Pueblo Ibiza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Pueblo Ibiza Hotel Sant Josep
- Barcelo Hotel Pueblo Ibiza
- Pueblo Ibiza Barcelo
- Barcelo Pueblo Ibiza Spain