“Great food, great Setting and ambience, bad service” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
London, England, United Kingdom
“Great food, great Setting and ambience, bad service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Such a shame. This restaurant came highly recommended and I can see why. What a fantastic place. I really think this could have been the highlight of my holiday as the food and the surroundings were special (as they should be at premium pricing). However even after ordering 2 bottles of Pink Champagne on our arrival we were treated with some disdain and had to badger the waiting staff throughout the evening to get any kind of attention. The highlight being my friend having his mobile phone tipped from his side plate in to his lap by a frowning waitress or maybe a contender was the same waitress turning her back on me 4 times during a conversation and walking away. So dissapopinting, wont be returning - I will be going back to Bambudda Grove though which I am about to write a review for!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I recently dined here and read all the reviews beforehand. My experience was great, really attentive staff lovely food and fab atmosphere. We were a group of six and had a table booked at 23:00 on a Monday night.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newcastle, England, United Kingdom
“Goodbye dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

after a fantastic two week holiday in Ibiza we decided to book a table for ten people before myself and my two children left for the airport home. We ordered wine and two courses each served quickly with friendly helpful staff. had just enough time for me to order cocktails before we had to leave the rest of the party. Food was lovely and atmosphere perfect only down side was having to leave!!! recomend booking well in advance and is pricey but worth it for a holiday treat.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Istanbul, Turkey
“not again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

it is my second visit to that restaurant after 2 years , in both cases l made my reservation at least a month ago and from my home land , and second time l eat in front of the kitchen .... although the food was very good , l think the place lost its popularity.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and vibe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were staying close by to KM5 and could walk there, we had booked before hand and were impressed upon arrival. As on other reviews the place looks like nothing much from outside but is a lovely haven once through the doors.
We all had delicious food and great wine. the music and attention from the staff were both great. Our waitresses were friendly and helpful and very personable. the magician was a nice addition to the night too. All in all we were impressed! Expect to pay but i would say its worth it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere