“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rural Paradise Las Tirajanas

You added Rural Paradise Las Tirajanas to your Saves list
Rural Paradise Las Tirajanas
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/Oficial Mayor Jose Rubio s/n, 35290 San Bartolome de Tirajana, Gran Canaria, Spain   |
Brancaster Staithe, United Kingdom
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

Really impressed with the hotel. Had a fantastic room with a balcony and one of the best views in the world across the valley below, mountains and sea. Perfect location for walking in the south of the island. The heated pool was a real bonus. The pictures on the website don't do the hotel justice, it was great.
I'd like to address some issues that others have raised as problems. We did hear dogs barking, but they were so far away that it was hardly an issue. Certainly less noise than you would get from a UK road. All the rooms were air conditioned so no need to have balcony doors open if you want to have peace and quiet. I must say that we though the food was excellent. Varied meals during a week's stay, with 4 or 5 meat dishes in the evening. The salads themselves were so nice that if we just ate those we would be happy! I'm not really sure whether we were just lucky, or maybe some people have completely unrealistic expectations of what they will get as part of a half board booking! It is not an a la carte restraurant where you can choose and they deliver what you want how you want it! I do agree that the jacuzzi had seen better days.
Overall a really great experience, much better that we expected and highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Norwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

We stayed here for a week with the intention of using it as a walking base. The checkin was a little lengthy as there was a small queue but I think I was unlucky as I did not see anymore queues during my stay. The staff on checkin and during the stay were friendly but not overly so. Our room was good, antique style furniture, good well sized bathroom with and we had a balcony from which there is the best view I have ever had from a room. I was nervous about the food having read a previous review, and I consider it good but not spectacular, I certainly cannot agree that with the reviewer who said it was the worst he had in the canaries, I would grade it as average 4* standard but it was a buffet which I personally hate but are becoming very common in hotels these days even 4* hotels. There was a pool but we did not use it. The hotel is certainly in an excellent location for going walking as you are right in the mountains. We considered staying on the coast but I am glad we didn't as the journey every day would quickly become a chore as it’s always the same road. l

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2009

We took a halfboard and four guided walks, week long holiday with a company called Newex to this hotel. The hotel is good, great facilities and in a beautiful location in the mountains with stunning views. The superior room was on the top of three floors, with dual aspect and small but adequate balcony for sitting out. It had a large four poster bed, roomy wardrobe and well equipped bathroom. Our fridge was not working when we arrived but as soon as we pointed this out it was replaced immediately. The communal facilities, bars, sundeck, pool were all very good and well maintained. Service was good and staff friendly. Two disappointments. Firstly, the walks were not well planned or explained in advance, the knowledgeable local guide spoke no English and his colleague spoke English but was not an experienced guide. This was not a perfect combination and led to people attempting walks that were not within their capabilities. I only participated in two of the four walks that we had booked and paid for. Secondly the food was very poor for most of our stay when the hotel had only about a dozen guests. The choice of food on the half board menu at dinner was limited, and the quality unacceptable for a four star hotel. The choice and quality improved when the hotel was full over the weekend. I have over 20 years experience of holidaying in the Canary Islands and have never had such bad food there. This is a great shame because the hotel is very good in every other respect but I would not return and could not recommend it.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Rural Paradise Las Tirajanas? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Rural Paradise Las Tirajanas

Address: C/Oficial Mayor Jose Rubio s/n, 35290 San Bartolome de Tirajana, Gran Canaria, Spain
Location: Spain > Canary Islands > Gran Canaria > San Bartolome de Tirajana
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in San Bartolome de Tirajana
Hotel Class:4 star — Rural Paradise Las Tirajanas 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Rural Paradise Las Tirajanas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Rural Paradise Las Tirajanas Hotel San Bartolome De Tirajana
Rural Paradise Las Tirajanas Gran Canaria/San Bartolome De Tirajana

If you own or manage Rural Paradise Las Tirajanas, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.