“Lovely B&B, great choice” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
€40 (EUR)
Ranked #1 of 12 Ostia Antica B&B and Inns
New York
“Lovely B&B, great choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

We were a group of 5 who stayed here one night after arriving in Rome on am flights. The location near the airport is perfect when you've been up all night and 2 of our 3 rooms were available before noon. We loved being able to walk to the amazing ruins where schoolchildren dressed in togas and stoas were performing in the ancient theater. The rooms were comfortable, the owners were very pleasant and eager to help. A great choice if you're interested in the ruins or just need a comfortable place near the airport.

Room Tip: Our friend on the 3rd floor said his was the best but all of us were very satisfied.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
angela m, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Domus Gratiae, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Sorry for delaying with the replay and thankyou so much for your staying with us
Franco and grazia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Stayed here overnight on 18th May and wished had stayed longer. Room was great, very clean, quiet, well furnished and comfortable. Hosts were very welcoming and friendly and the breakfast was great. Can highly recommend this place and far better than most hotels we have stayed in. Infact you could use this as a base for exploring Rome with a Roma pass which gives you free connection via the Lido train line (20 mins in). The B&B is only 7 minutes walk to Ostia Antica and the train station. Will probably be coming back here next year. Great value.

Room Tip: Top floor (2nd) is the larger apartment with kitchenette the double rooms are on the 1st floor (but...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
angela m, Direttore vendite at Domus Gratiae, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
We are very happy that you all had an enjoyable holiday with us.
We hope to see you soon
All the best
Domus gratiae
Fabrizio
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I made a reservation at this B&B 10 months in advance; I prepaid 2 weeks in advance and I had an Italian friend call to reconfirm on the day I was due to arrive. However when I got there, they had given my room away and I never understood how it happened. They attempted to put me up in a rather austere room in a nearby house, where no one else was staying. As a single woman traveling alone, I refused because it didn't feel safe. From that point on they could not have been nicer. They drove me to a nearby hotel (see my review of the Ostia Antica Park Hotel) and paid for the room. They drove me to the archeological park, they picked me up in the morning and took me to their B&B for breakfast and drove me back to the airport. They apologized profusely and were very kind. From what I saw, the B&B looked quite nice and would be much better than where I stayed.

Room Tip: Be aware that there is an overflow building that it isn't up to the same standard as the main lo...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thankyou so much for your feedback , have an happy summer!
Grazia and franco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Domus Gratiae for 4 nights at the end May. The proprietors proved to be the most obliging hosts even going to the trouble of supplying us with extras at breakfast which we had indicated we liked
The establishment is spotless and the room although on the small side was adequate and the bed comfortable. We needed boarding passes printed off for our next flight and Fabrizio (the son)kindly let us use his computer and printed off the necessary documentation.
Hosts like this are very rare and we would recommend this accommodation to anyone.

Room Tip: There isn't a swimming pool and I couldn't delete the symbol in the ratings section
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
angela m, Direttore vendite at Domus Gratiae, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
thank you so much for appreciating!! we hope to meet you again
Weston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We stayed here for two nights at the end of our one month stay in Italy. I chose it because of its number one ranking on Trip Advisor, its convenience to a train station to go to Rome, and its close proximity to the airport. It is also a very short walk to the Ostia Antica ruins (closed on Mondays).

It is run by a lovely couple who live in the home, and their son Fabrizio who lives next door. The couple does not speak English, but the son does speak it sufficiently. However, don't let a language barrier deter you from staying here. Franco and his wife Gratiae (I hope I spelled her name correctly) could not have been nicer or more accommodating.

Our primary concern with any place we stay is the cleanliness. This place is absolutely spotless, the rooms and the common areas. We stayed here with another couple. The rooms were similar. They were spacious by European standards with a lot of closet and bureau space. The bathroom was a decent size, and had the typical small shower stall.

The breakfast served is simple, but of very good quality. The home made cake was delicious. Franco will serve you unlimited espressos or cappuccinos.

As an added note as to how nice the owners were, I had some business in the town with a man who spoke no English, and I speak very little Italian. Without my asking, Fabrizio volunteered to accompany me and translate. It was extremely helpful to me and Fabrizio graciously took an hour of his time to assist me.

We give this B&B the highest possible recommendation.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Have a nice summer we wish you all the Best
Franco and grazie
Bremerton, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

We stayed for two nights on our way into Rome - this allowed us to explore Ostia Antica at our leisure.
The hosts are incredibly kind and welcoming, our room was lovely and very clean.
Breakfast was nice - great coffee made amiably by our hosts. The only downside was the lack of wi-fi in the dining lounge, but really that was okay.
Fabrizio was who we communicated with via e-mail, his parents are the onsite hosts - their English is not great (Fabrizio's is excellent), but the kindness and enthusiasm overcame any language difficulties.
I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: There are only two or three rooms, as you'll see from the website. We were in Cornelia, and it w...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Best summer holidays!
Franco and grazia
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I spent three nights in this very nice B&B.
First of all the owners are absolutely welcoming and very kind and attentional .
The room was very clean with all you need, television, Wi-fi, air-co, and very comfortable beds.
Private bathroom with wc, shower, hair dryer and daily change of nice white towels, which is
a luxury in a B&B ! Room cleaned daily.
The place is very quiet and safe .
On top of that they make a good cappuccino !!!
I can only recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Hi Carol
all the best

Been to Domus Gratiae? Share your experiences!