Went to Juara Beach resort for a few days of relaxing after a business trip to Singapore. While the management is lovely (pick up from airport worked fine despite a 6 hour delay) and the bungalows are very basic but okayish given the price, I was disappointed of the following:
- The food is not as spectacular as some people described it. My recommendation would be to have a drink in the hotel restaurant and then go eating in one of the 3 small eateries that are located 3 minutes away in "town" just before the jetty
- Sand fleas!!!!
- The coral reefs in the bay are dead. They must have been beautiful some time ago but now all is dead.
- Every second day, a new Malaysian tour group of 15-20 people arrives, while some may be lovely, overall their package seems to be more for a beach/snorkelling outing with barbecue dinner and loud thumping music. Don't expect tranquility. Management did turn down the volume after I had asked (late at night.....)
What I loved:
- The remote location is lovely
- Go do a jungle trek (there is a very nice one just behind the turtle station, around 2 hours, beautiful waterfall included)
- Visit the lovely volunteer turtle station
- Beautiful beach
- Also Known As:
- Juara Beach Hotel Juara
- Juara Beach Resort Pulau Tioman