Spent 1 week ar Papa Gayo as a base for the climbing peaks in the valley of the volcanoes (booked though Gulliver tours). Great base for walking or climbing since it is at elevation 3000m and the Illinizas, Cotopaxi, Ruminhui and other peaks are all within 1 hours drive. Staff super friendly and helpfull. They have four dogs that will follow you as you walk around the hosteria as well as a cow for fresh milk LLamas and other animals.
Hot water a little variable however I cant think of other places where you can acclimatise in comfort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This colonial hosteria accommodation near the volcano Cotopaxi does not only offer magnificent views of the untouched countryside, but also gives you the possibility to experience the culture of the Andes local communities. Whether you just want to relax or to explore the landscape actively, our Hosteria is the best place to start. At the altitude of 3200m you can comfortably acclimatize and prepare yourself for the climbing of Cotopaxi, Ilinizas o Chimborazo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Venere, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Despegar.com so you can book your Hosteria-PapaGayo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostería Papagayo Cotopaxi
- Hosteria-PapaGayo Ecuador/Machachi