“Great relaxing holiday” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Costa Calero

You added Hotel Costa Calero to your Saves list
Hotel Costa Calero
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Urbanizacion Puerto Calero, 35570 Puerto Calero, Lanzarote, Spain   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Puerto Calero
“Great relaxing holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

This was my first holiday in 9 years so it had to be special.

The hotel is really clean tidy and the staff clearly work very hard to keep it that way.

All restaurant staff were polite and so were bar staff. Loads of food choices with theme nights and different choices each day. Some food would repeat but I don't mind that as I can be very fussy so met my needs. Drinks were really good. So much choice and brilliant cocktails to choose from.

Rooms were clean and tidy with nice views. Our sea view was not the best though.

Pool areas were nice with loads of beds so no matter what time of day you go out there will be space. Pools clean but cold which is a shame as I love swimming.

Spa was amazing! !

Area is good. Quiet with a lovely marina with shops and restaurants.

Nice tours and days out. Volcano trip is my recommendation.

I would 100% go back.

On my birthday I got a fruit basket and a lovely bottle of bubbly. Thank you.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Suzann M, Director Comercial at Hotel Costa Calero, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for spending the time to write this review and for sharing your opinion with other TripAdvisor members.

We are very happy to know that the time you were here with us, our personnel and facilities have satisfied you, also very happy to know that our food met your expectations these compliments are very rewarding to our entire team.

Were glad that you enjoyed your fruit basket and cava on your birthday is our commitment to make our guest feel happy on special occasions.

We appreciate your positive feedback and we would love to welcome you again in the near future.

Warm greetings from Hotel Costa Calero Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (668)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Just returned from 14 days at the Costa Calero - a really excellent holiday. The rooms are very clean and spacious. There is free wifi in the rooms and throughout the hotel, and even English TV channels. The all inclusive drinks are both local and international, Gordons Gin, Ballentines whiskey etc. The food is really good quality and plenty of variety, we were never stuck for choice or bored with the same meals. The sun loungers are not a problem, the swimming pools cater for children to serious swimmers. The hotel also has a spa, gym and hairdressers. My husband used the gym and was very pleased with the equipment, Nothing bad to report, except if I wanted to be picky I would say I was surprised that they are charging 2 euros a day for the safe in the rooms, they should be free and also it would have been nice to have an a la carte restaurant just for a change - but all in all we had an excellent holiday andwe would recommend the Costa Calero, Lanzarote

Room Tip: Go for a high floor as you get the best sea view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Myself and my partner have returned here for the 2nd time. This hotel is just great. The staff are helpful and friendly. The restaurant serves a different menu every night with some themed nights. The animation team keeps everyone entertained throughout the day and night. Definitely worth a stay along with a visit to the rest of the island.

The Hotel is in Puerto Valero which is where most of the islands water based t

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have used Trip Advisor to plan family holidays for several years and now feel I should give something back. Having travelled with extended family and visited several all inclusive hotels in the Canaries including the Gloria Palace Royale, Los Jameos Playa and Sandos Papagayo I must rate the Costa Calero as one of the best. I had emailed the hotel ahead to request an adapted sea view room for my mother and was not let down. On check in we were recognised as repeat guests (last visit 6 years ago! ) and allocated a garden room (159) and 2 sea/pool view rooms (257 & 258). Garden room was perfect with a large terrace (furnished with table, chairs and sun loungers), garden and a few steps to the top pool. All six of us tended to congregate here during the day. Staff were the most friendly and obliging we have ever come across and really made our holiday - a real credit to the hotel. Choice of all inclusive drinks was exceptional while food was more than acceptable - my sons highly recommend toasties from the lower pool bar! The layout of the grounds and abundance of loungers avoided the customary rush to put down towels at the crack of dawn. Special thanks to Ms B and her Bingo - we still feel the need to "shaky shaky" at 4.30 pm :) - winning an extra spa entry was very appreciated after exhausting the free entries provided (one each per stay on all inclusive and an absolute must). If you are looking for haute cuisine then this is not for you. If you are looking for a relaxing break in wonderful surroundings with attentive staff then book now!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I stayed here in July for a week with my 16 year old daughter. We both loved it. From the minute you arrive you experience the quality of this hotel. Check in was easy and efficient. We were allocated a room on the 5th floor which I had requested by email before we arrived. The room was an excellent size and spotlessly clean, as was the ensuite bathroom. The maid service daily was much appreciated and the whole hotel was always being cleaned. The view was lovely and we had a large balcony on which to enjoy this. Perfect.

The food was extremely good and we ate too much! The restaurant for breakfast and dinner has both an inside and outside seating area which is lovely. We ate breakfast outside and dinner inside. We thoroughly enjoyed the food and the choice was excellent. I agree with some reviews that it could possibly get repetitive if you were there for 2 weeks but we thoroughly enjoyed it for week.

I was amazed and delighted to find that the drinks on the AI package were branded. I have not seen this before and it was very much appreciated. I am not a big drinker but it was nice to be able to have a Malibu or a Cointreau rather than some local branded stuff.

The lunch restaurant was more than adequate and again there was plenty to choose from. The only complaint here would be the birds which we did actually get used to but it would be better if the hotel could do something to prevent their presence during meal times!

The pools are all lovely and we didn’t have a problem finding a sun lounger. We spent most of our time at the salt water pool as it was quieter but we tried the other ones as well. The main pool gets quite rowdy with all the entertainment provided but that did not cause any issues for us and it was great to watch the kids enjoying themselves. Although we didn’t participate in the entertainment it certainly looked great fun and there was plenty on offer if you wanted it.

We absolutely loved the Piano bar and enjoyed a drink before dinner on the terrace and then usually returned there for drinks afterwards as it was the quieter part of the hotel. The common areas with the lovely settees were great to lounge around at night time playing cards and the waiters very kindly brought drinks to our seats.

The staff were exceptional and everyone was incredibly pleasant and helpful providing excellent service. No-one could be faulted. It was great having WIFI available all over the hotel. Yes it is true that in some areas the WIFI was better than others but I don’t see this as an issue.

My only complaint would be the kids being allowed to run around at night, shouting, screaming, running through the sofa areas between your seats and generally being a pain. However, this is not the hotels fault and the parents should have had more control over them. I cannot believe how many parents just take no notice when they are on holiday and let their kids run riot. It was not pleasant for us “older” people to have this every night and even when we had gone to bed you could still hear kids shouting and screaming at 1am when the bars were closing. I realise everyone is on holiday and different people enjoy doing different things when on holiday but a little consideration of others would not have gone a miss. I feel the hotel need to look into how this could be handled but, like I said, I am not blaming the hotel in any way.

The marina about 5 minutes’ walk away is gorgeous. It was extremely safe at any time of the day or night to stroll down there and what a treat when you did. Lots of boats in the marina, a few restaurants and shops on the front, all of which provided a lovely place to relax and explore. We got the ferry boat to Puerto del Carmen which was well worth the visit and the boat trip is lovely. Definitely recommend this. You can also get a free bus from the hotel but we enjoyed going on the boat.

Would I recommend this hotel – definitely. Would I go back – definitely. Did we have a fantastic holiday – yes we did. Thanks so much to everyone at Costa Calero hotel for making this a great experience.

Room Tip: Top floor - great views and no noise above! We were in Room 532 and it was great. Close to lift.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We went to Lanzarote with Thompson Travel to celebrate our Ruby wedding anniversary. It was our first time to the Island, we wanted to travel from a local airport and with short transfer times. We weren't disappointed, puerto Calero is a quiet Marina with very nice designer shops. The hotel was excellent, plenty of seating inside and out, the pools and sun beds very well laid out. A large selection of buffet food to suit everyone. We particularly liked the Piano bar serving cocktails and named spirits. The entertainment was excellent, staff polite and overall this was an excellent holiday. I would definitely go back and recommend it to family and friends

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

A lovely hotel, polite staff, very clean, beautiful grounds, spacious rooms.
Enjoyed our relaxing 11 night holiday at Costa Calero, having done many drop offs on route to hotel, we felt we had definitely made the right choice. Hotel is not in a resort but has a lovely marina with a good selection of restaurants/bars, a very handy, decent sized supermarket and a pharmacy, just 5 mins down the hill (steep).
Food was good with plenty of choice and the breakfast and dinner restaurant was lovely with an outdoor eating area. The lunchtime restaurant was rather open to the elements and the birds tended to lunch with you so don't leave your food unattended, otherwise, selection was good and food was covered for protection, as long as guests closed the hatches after taking.
Food did become repetitive but we believe this is inevitable at any all inclusive resort and we always budget to have 2 or 3 meals at other restaurants. We did this and the selection of restaurants available is endless and the food we sampled was super. If you are wanting a 3 course meal with drinks and intend to choose what you desire and not what is cheaply priced then allow up to about £25 a head, obviously cheaper is possible depending on your choices.
Lanzarote had the best climate I have sampled and I have tried many. The temperature was stable at 28 to 30 degrees and the wonderful constant breeze was fabulous. Evenings were 18 to 20 degrees and the wind could be fairly strong which may have been a little disconcerting to some but meant no sitting around melting/sweating.
All inclusive will always remain our choice, despite eating out a couple of times the breakfast, lunch, all drinks and snacks make this by far the most cost effective choice.
No hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a fab room on the 2nd floor just beyond the infinity pool, rooms 268/269. We just trotted dow...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Suzann M, Director Comercial at Hotel Costa Calero, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor, it is always good for us to receive a positive feedback from our guests.

We are very happy to know that our personnel and facilities have reached your expectations. Also very happy to know that you are satisfied with our all inclusive offer.

Comments like this are very rewarding to our team and allows us to continuously improve our standarts.

Looking forward for your nest visit!

Warm greetings from Costa Calero!

Been to Hotel Costa Calero? Share your experiences!